ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is it not set up right?
It uses the first mii set as your system mii. If the mii that shows up on your system and the one on your opponent's system aren't the same height and weight, then it will desync.
I believe that the mii they see is the same as the first mii in your plaza, unless that mii is your system mii, in which case, they see guest mii A.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So If anyone wants a roster that has the Miis added to the DLC section, I've attached it to this post, or you can get it here.

As well, I don't think anyone has taken the time to actually record all the Character IDs yet, so I went through and tested them all to make it a bit easier. @SUPR64 adding this to the OP for reference would be cool.

Smash 3DS Character IDs-

00-Mii Brawler
01-Mii Swordfighter
02-Mii Gunner
03-Mario
04-Donkey Kong
05-Link
06-Samus
07-Yoshi
08-Kirby
09-Fox
0A-Pikachu
0B-Luigi
0C-Captain Falcon
0D-Ness
0E-Peach
0F-Bowser
10-Zelda
11-Sheik
12-Marth
13-Mr. Game & Watch
14-Ganondorf
15-Falco
16-Wario
17-Metaknight
18-Pit
19-Zero Suit Samus
1A-Olimar
1B-Diddy Kong
1C-Dedede
1D-Ike
1E-Lucario
1F-ROB
20-Toon Link
21-Charizard
22-Sonic
23-Jigglypuff
24-Dr. Mario
25-Lucina
26-Dark Pit
27-Rosalina
28-Wii Fit Trainier
29-Little Mac
2A-Villager
2B-Palutena
2C-Robin
2D-Duck Hunt
2E-Shulk
2F-Bowser Jr.
30-Greninja
31-Pac-Man
32-Mega Man
33-Mewtwo
34-Ryu
35-Lucas
36-Roy
37-Cloud
38-Corrin
39-Bayonetta
3A-Giga Bowser (stuck on victory screen)
3B-Wario Man (stuck on victory screen)
3C-Giga Mac (crash on victory screen)
3D-Mega Lucario (stuck on victory screen)
3E-Emeny Mii Brawler
3F-Enemy Mii Swordfighter
40-Enemy Mii Gunner
41-Crash on stage select
42-Infinite loading?
43-Infinite loading?

Here's a picture of it in case anyone's curious. I've changed the textures on the Mii's CSS names, just because they all had their own name file, but they all just said "Mii" for some reason.
fAnZ93a.jpg

I've tested a couple after that but they started just crashing on the loading screen, so I figured there isn't any left.

To actually add mii fighters to the DLC section, they all had their byte 0x6F set to 01, so I switched it 00 (I'm assuming this controls whether or not they're shown?) and changed the DLC page byte to 01. Then I just followed Cydget's instructions on the last page to add a character to the dlc_param_c.bin file.

The only thing to note I believe, is when adding characters to the dlc_param_c.bin file it doesn't use their Character ID, it uses their cosmetic ID which is 1 higher than their ID.

I'm pretty sure that's all I've changed, but if that doesn't work I can give it a once over and see if I've missed anything.
Your dlc_param_c.bin file isn't set up right. You have it set up for 16 characters(10 in hex) instead of 10 characters(0A in hex), which causes the extra stages button to disappear.

SD_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It uses the first mii set as your system mii. If the mii that shows up on your system and the one on your opponent's system aren't the same height and weight, then it will desync.
I believe that the mii they see is the same as the first mii in your plaza, unless that mii is your system mii, in which case, they see guest mii A.

Your dlc_param_c.bin file isn't set up right. You have it set up for 16 characters(10 in hex) instead of 10 characters(0A in hex), which causes the extra stages button to disappear.

I'm having a brain fart right now. I can't' understand your wording regarding the Miis.

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What do I edit in the dlc_param_c.bin file so it is setup for 10 characters instead of 16 in the attached file which adds the mii characters to the dlc page?

Last edited by WarioTails358,

SD_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The dlc_param_c.bin and i copied mew2's code but I don't know what to do with it since I am trying to add wario-man and I don't know what offset to edit for the number of characters/rows.
Did you download it off of this thread or did you extract it on your own? If you extracted it on your own then 0x0C should be 07.

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you download it off of this thread or did you extract it on your own? If you extracted it on your own then 0x0C should be 07.
I downloaded the one that added the mii characters to the dlc page in the previous page.
Offset should be 10 because of the edited file but just to make sure is offset 0x0C at the very beginning like when I open it up in a hex editor?

SD_DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the one that added the mii characters to the dlc page in the previous page.
Offset should be 10 because of the edited file but just to make sure is offset 0x0C at the very beginning like when I open it up in a hex editor?

Yes it is 0x0C and it should be 10. Basically to add Wario Man what you have to do is add "02 3C 04 00 10" AFTER the 0X0C. When you do that, you would have to do what @kangaroogreen did to the Miis, but with Wario Man.

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is 0x0C and it should be 10. Basically to add Wario Man what you have to do is add "02 3C 04 00 10" AFTER the 0X0C. When you do that, you would have to do what @kangaroogreen did to the Miis, but with Wario Man.
So I looked at the file in HxD and I don't know where I should put wario-man's code after 0x0C since there are y's and numbers after 0x0C.
And to add Wario I change the number of characters to allow for 11 and the rows right?
What are the offsets for those?

kangaroogreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Whoops my bad. Yeah no clue how I missed that. I changed the byte around so here's the files with the correction.

Attachments

• Mii Roster.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 151

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No matter how many times I try to add Wario-man I either lose the dlc page button or he just does not show on the page. I added his code and changed the character number but no results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: What.