ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the doc Louis one did you just swap Chroms model with all of Doc's assets/files? And can this be done with Marth?

Just put the files from data\model\fighter\littlemac\doclouis\c00\... into data\model\fighter\reflet\chrom\c00\
That's all you need to do, and haven't tried it with anyone else, Chrom crashes though when taking Doc's place in Little Mac's win screen.

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just put the files from data\model\fighter\littlemac\doclouis\c00\... into data\model\fighter\reflet\chrom\c00\
That's all you need to do, and haven't tried it with anyone else, Chrom crashes though when taking Doc's place in Little Mac's win screen.
I will laugh if someone makes chrom take the doc's place

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download it again, I updated the build. VS was too dump to re-create the designer files after I changer the target framework.

does the normal doc Louis model load in little macs victory screen even if his model is used in another character's like robin? Was the model of doc Louis you used for robin what was appeared in little Macs victory screen? Or just trying to replace Louis with chrom which crashed?

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does the normal doc Louis model load in little macs victory screen even if his model is used in another character's like robin? Was the model of doc Louis you used for robin what was appeared in little Macs victory screen? Or just trying to replace Louis with chrom which crashed?

Replacing Doc with Chrom crashed it for Little Mac's victory...
Yes, I used the model which is used in Little Mac's victory screen.
No, using the model in Robin's victory screen will not mess up Little Mac's regular victory screen...

daniel26150

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone,

I've made four video tutorials, all about this guide. It covers everything talked about in OP.

1. Extracting:

2. Texture Hacks:

3. Music/Sound Hacks:

4. Applying these hacks:

I hope these help you, enjoy :)

Now how to extract the other languages and It would be complete, well at least the Japanese voices

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first texture hack on Link. Everything works fine but can't pause without the texture disappearing. How do I generate the high quality files to make it stay in the pause screen?

Attachments

• 2016_02_22_IMG_5457.JPG
    2016_02_22_IMG_5457.JPG
    603.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 2016_02_22_IMG_5458.JPG
    2016_02_22_IMG_5458.JPG
    820.5 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: Manito

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you also edited the textures for the hxx folder? (xx being costume number) the h folder contains the more higher quality model used when pausing during a match/victory screen as well as the better quality textures.

Reactions: ArcPh1r3

Damon_girl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you also edited the textures for the hxx folder? (xx being costume number) the h folder contains the more higher quality model used when pausing during a match/victory screen as well as the better quality textures.
No I haven't done that yet. I'm going to now. Thanks!

verifyvenuz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.venuspatrol.com
XP
Country
Poland
Try MSBT Editor Reloaded along with the sound.msbt (i believe this is the correctname) file in ui/message/.
Thanks, I owe you one :)

Is there any way to change a song from Original to Remix (or vice versa) in Sound Test? I don't really need it (seeing as changing song names works fine), but you know, for completion's sake.

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, I owe you one :)

Is there any way to change a song from Original to Remix (or vice versa) in Sound Test? I don't really need it (seeing as changing song names works fine), but you know, for completion's sake.
@soneek found out how to do it in at least the WiiU version. He would be the best one to ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth