Small question about how banning works

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by Devil May Cry, Nov 3, 2009.

Nov 3, 2009
  1. Devil May Cry
    OP

Member Devil May Cry GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I know this may be an incredibly stupid question, but I've always liked to be three steps ahead whenever I mod a console. I've been a longtime PS3 player for awhile now and my sole interest in the 360 is to play the exclusives. I'm not interested in the online play at all and have no intention of signing up for Xbox Live. If I keep my console completely offline, will I ever be at risk from a banhammer? Also, is there any way to not have an avatar? I really don't like how they look and would like to avoid having one if possible.

2. Maz7006

Member Maz7006 iSEXu

Lebanon
    No you won't be at risk, your console won't be even online

For avatars well you cant do without one, its not like it will ruin your gaming experiance if you do have one that is

3. Rock Raiyu

Member Rock Raiyu Clock Up

United States
    If you only want to play the 360 just to play the exclusives with no online play why are you worried about getting banned? Being banned is for pretty much for online, it shouldn't apply to you since don't want to play online at al.

As for the Avatars, they are required. I don't think you can play without a gamertag and with a gamertag you have to have an avatar.

4. Devil May Cry
    OP

Member Devil May Cry GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Figured it was a stupid question. However, I got one more question. When a 360 is banned, can is still play games offline or are you just out of luck period? I've seen banned 360s for sale and I'm considering it right now.

5. Gaisuto

Former Staff Gaisuto Lose 2 Levels.

United States
    With a banned 360 you can't connect to Live, you can't play XBLA games or use DLC from the harddrive, and you can't install games to the harddrive. You can only save and load, and play games off the disc.