Hacking Sm4shCommand -- Smash 4 Moveset Editor

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks man! Have you been able to crack how to import move animations to other characters yet? Like give Fox's shine to Falco? (without swapping the model)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Bit of a problem here. So I am using the 3DS's full data folder. I open animcmd\fighter\marth. It fully loads AnimCmd, Params, and the MSCSB sub-sections in the workspace. However, when I go to View\Parse Animations, and open motion\fighter\marth, the workspace doesn't show the animation listings like it should. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit with Visual Studios 2015 and .Net 4.6. Why is it not working? A little help\advice please?

t4p3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello people of the temp, the first functional smash 4 moveset editor. With it you can view and edit fighter, weapon, and item scripts.

This is only a beta release for now, but all base features are all functional. Currently, the application supports full text editor based code writing with syntax highlighting and code completion. There are many other features that are usable in the list below as well. Do note that the application is still under active development and some features may be unstable / incomplete. Open to suggestions for a better name!

Usable Features
  • Basic code completion
  • Features a Multi-tabbed text editor.
  • Syntax highlighting of integer types.
  • Supports parsing animation .pac files to retrieve Command List names.
  • Expandable event dictionary (Events.cfg in startup directory)
  • Customizable event syntax keywords and descriptions. (Events.cfg)
  • Supports opening full characters or single files individually.
  • Displays unknown commands as well as defined commands, with full rebuild capability.
  • Marking of changed actions in the tree view.
  • Exporting event lists as plaintext.
  • Tooltips when hovering over commands.
  • Exporting full character dumps as .txt.
  • IDE features like Projects and "Workspaces".
  • Built in hex editor for exploring unknown data.
Planned Updates

• Realtime error checking of the code box.
  • Adding new event lists to files.
  • Creating entirely new ACMD files.
  • Creating entirely new MTable files.
  • Undo and redo support.
Known Bugs
  • Leaving the code box blank and saving will remove that event list from the file entirely.
  • Trying to open the code for an removed event list (see bug 1) will crash the application.
  • Saving an event list without an Script_End() command will cause the eventlist to merge with the next, corrupting the file.
  • Does not warn on exiting before saving.
  • Saving with incorrect parameters in a command will crash the tool.
Source Code: https://github.com/Sammi-Husky/Sm4sh-Tools

Downloads:
687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f334842526473772e706e67

FAQ:
  • How do i use this? What files do i open?
  • You can either open individual fighter files (File->Open->file..) or you can open the full fighter folder at once. Just browse to the folder containing the character's AnimCmd files. (File->Open->Fighter..). The fighter files consist of the effect, expression, gfx, and sfx .bin files as well as the motion.mtable.

• All i see is a bunch of numbers! How do i know what scripts belong to what animations?
  • View->Parse Animations. Browse to the characters animation directory. For the 3ds, this is the motion/fighter/[fighter name]/. On wiiu, it is fighter/[fighter name]/motion.

• Where do i get these files? I extracted the game, but all i have are two large files called dt and ls.
  • Those are the archives that the game stores all of it's files in. Unfortunately, we have to extract this in order to edit any files. Download and use the DTLSExtractor from this thread.

• What about updates? how do i unpack those? Help!
  • To unpack update files, simply use the DTLSExtractor from command line with the resource file as the only parameter. This will place update files in the "data" folder matching the resource file's name.
  • Okay, i did everything and edited some stuff, but now i can't repack the DT file! is there anything to do this?
  • Currently, you can only patch the DT archive with changes. Full rebuild capabilities will come in the future, but for now patched files must not be larger than the original. To patch the archive, use DTLSExtractor:
Code:
DTLS.exe -r <dt file(s)> <ls file> <patch folder>
I cant seem to figure out how to get my packed files unpacked
TheStruggle.PNG
this is in everyfile and i dont know how to unpack it. plz i need help (This is in all the files to compress info but i want it unpacked so i can use your program this particular one was in the falcon script.

Deleted member 350372

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. Just out of curiousity, where are the victory poses when I open up the fighter folder? Like after I parse the animations? Would you know the name of them by any chance? Like in SSBB I believe they are called win1, win2, win3, and lose. (I used to mod SSBB a few years ago)

Kerrmunism

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could you please, please PLEASE make the copy and paste feature available in the stable build? You can't copy hitboxes, which is very annoying. Also, could you fix the saving in the nightly build? I used to be able to save fine, but now I can't, about an hours work of modding all gone. ;-;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey