Hacking Sm4shCommand -- Smash 4 Moveset Editor

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Okay, i did everything and edited some stuff, but now i can't repack the DT file! is there anything to do this?
  • Currently, you can only patch the DT archive with changes. Full rebuild capabilities will come in the future, but for now patched files must not be larger than the original. To patch the archive, use DTLSExtractor:
Code:
DTLS.exe -r <dt file(s)> <ls file> <patch folder>

I probably should have explained this bit in my post earlier. The files patched in cannot be larger than the original at the moment.. In any case, the patching functions of DTLS were only released as a way for users to test some of their changes. Unfortunately, the updates will override these changes. While DTLS can extract updates, it currently cannot edit patch data. Though that's a much simpler matter in theory, i don't have a wiiu to test on so it can be problematic

Mega-Mew

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some folder are empty, this is due to the DTLS extractor or it's nintendo ?
1449305676-sans-titre.png

Last edited by Mega-Mew,

Sammi Husky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some folder are empty, this is due to the DTLS extractor or it's nintendo ?
1449305676-sans-titre.png

In part by both. There are ls file entries for these folders, and so they are created, but there are no files in these folders.. so my extractor never unpacks any. In reality i should only be creating folders for directories that contain files.. the less code run per loop the better. That and an empty directory really isn't good for much.

Reactions: Mega-Mew

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
Shouldn't a lot of the stuff be similar to brawl? 'Cause if it is you might be reinventing the wheel here.
Considering how it's been for the New Super Mario Bros editor, Reggie, for instance.

Edit: I just mean that maybe you could talk to the people who worked on the Brawl hacks and it would help you progress. :)

Last edited by Ghork,

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I spent hours between DTLSExtractor and a BMS script to try to retrieve the japanese audio from the japanese version of Smash 4 (Wii U).

All I can find using this tool is english audio, even from the jap files.

Does it really retrieve everything, or is it based on a US list or something? Apparently both version have US audio...

Thanks!

daniel26150

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello,

I spent hours between DTLSExtractor and a BMS script to try to retrieve the japanese audio from the japanese version of Smash 4 (Wii U).

All I can find using this tool is english audio, even from the jap files.

Does it really retrieve everything, or is it based on a US list or something? Apparently both version have US audio...

Thanks!
Yes Japanese version has full English Localization, Im trying to make and undub 3DS version at the moment...

daniel26150

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm trying to achieve the same for the Wii U version haha, any luck so far as to where the jap voices are?
In the 3DS they are in this path data\sound\vc but both the US and the JP show me the same files maybe they are in the resource files

daniel26150

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I´m searching for the file that tells the game the language of your console and I can´t it, maybe its the resource file resource(us_fr) for example

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I´m searching for the file that tells the game the language of your console and I can´t it, maybe its the resource file resource(us_fr) for example

The way I see it, it's either replace the US nus3bank files by the JPN files (still have to find them...) and renaming them, or find the resource file that redirect to the US sounds and change it to JPN.
I have the feeling that the whole array of files (if that's how you name it) is loaded when the game loads, so that all other files will simply be ignored after.

Anyway, I'll PM you if I find anything. From what I read here and there both the 3DS and Wii U versions have a similar architecture.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried playing around with DTLSExtractor, specifically the line saying

Unpack_Resource("resource");

By changing to Unpack_Resource("resource(jp_jp)"); I get a few nus3bank files before it crashes, including the announcer nus3bank, so I suppose that the tool doesn't extract everything, which is why we couldn't find any jap voices.

Only problem is that this file is a little bigger than the US version (3,018,688 bytes for US and 3 031 632 bytes for JPN) so without a proper way to repack bigger files it won't work.

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

I was able to retrieve 172 jap files from the Wii U version, pretty sure the 3DS version works the same way.

I used the bms script posted there: https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1443536&page=4

I had to keep trying a few things because this script language is awful... but basically
set FLDR string "data/"
was changed to
set FLDR string "data(jp_jp)/"

Then I made sure to only get localized files (LOCALIZED == 0x800) and ignore the rest.

For my bat script I looked only for nus3bank files
quickbms -f "*.nus3bank" smashWiiu.bms JPN.rf directory

I got my JPN.rf file from DTLSExtractor, by asking to Unpack "resource(jp_jp)" instead of "resource".

Now I need to find a way to inject these files... that's surely gonna be fun...

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey,

I was able to retrieve 172 jap files from the Wii U version, pretty sure the 3DS version works the same way.

I used the bms script posted there: https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1443536&page=4

I had to keep trying a few things because this script language is awful... but basically
set FLDR string "data/"
was changed to
set FLDR string "data(jp_jp)/"

Then I made sure to only get localized files (LOCALIZED == 0x800) and ignore the rest.

For my bat script I looked only for nus3bank files
quickbms -f "*.nus3bank" smashWiiu.bms JPN.rf directory

I got my JPN.rf file from DTLSExtractor, by asking to Unpack "resource(jp_jp)" instead of "resource".

Now I need to find a way to inject these files... that's surely gonna be fun...

Can't you also just use cafiine to replace them?

Last edited by soniczx123, , Reason: Didn't feel like reading the whole thing :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8