Homebrew Discussion SM3DAS: Research and Development

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had no idea it was out, thank you.

Edit: It works great on 10.2.0 Atmosphere 0.14.4 E with 14.3 patches. I can return to the title screen from Mario 64 and also exit and reload the game with no hiccups.
which sigpatches do you have? do you boot using hekate or fusee?

Rodrif24

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have an idea, with the dolphin emulator I was able to inject a gamesave with mario sunshine exploit, called shinehax, this save can execute any boot.gci on the memory card, such as swiss ..
and if we could modify the save of all stars and extract the virtual memory card?

It only works with the original iso pal at 50hz, with the gcm of all stars crash in the nintendo logo

Attachments

• ccccc.png
    ccccc.png
    48.1 KB · Views: 401
  • dddd.png
    dddd.png
    468.9 KB · Views: 400

kylum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had no idea it was out, thank you.

Edit: It works great on 10.2.0 Atmosphere 0.14.4 E with 14.3 patches. I can return to the title screen from Mario 64 and also exit and reload the game with no hiccups.

tried it myself and I can also confirm it’s working now. Thanks

Reactions: f0li0

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Has there been any new breakthroughs since the leak?
I was following the research but it kinda got side-tracked with CFW and crashing questions.

Has the talk been moved elsewhere?

Reactions: KiiWii

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Apparently, the emulator has a lot of interesting command line switches and even save states.
I wonder if someone can get the GUI to work (I'm not good at cross-referencing strings in ARM64 code).
(there's also a reference to "hagi-gui.config")

EDIT: can probably just use rom:/default_cmd.txt
Schermata del 2020-09-18 01-20-00.png Schermata del 2020-09-18 01-23-14.png

Also, when attempting to replace the .gcm, the Vulkan cache file should probably be deleted from romfs (or patch main so that it doesn't reference ".cache").

I have an idea, with the dolphin emulator I was able to inject a gamesave with mario sunshine exploit, called shinehax, this save can execute any boot.gci on the memory card, such as swiss ..
and if we could modify the save of all stars and extract the virtual memory card?
If you're lucky, you can probably just keep A.sav's header and replace the used bytes.
Schermata del 2020-09-18 01-15-22.png
But since the exploit itself crashes, you're going to have to compare the .dol files of both the original and SM3DAS ISOs with BinDiff, find the corresponding addresses, and fix the exploit accordingly... Or perhaps you can just replace the .dol or the .gcm.

Last edited by nastys,

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be awesome if there was an adapter that allowed us to plug SM3D All Stars into the pc & inject roms into the emulators that way.

ItsAshleyFTW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does "hagi" only support GameCube or is it a GCN/Wii emulator like Dolphin? And if Super Mario Galaxy is only partially emulated, what emulator is doing the job? Is it Hagi or something else?

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
the bios is probably the gamecube splash screen when you load a cube game on the real system.
The Bios is more than a Bootloader. It is a microkernel that adds greater compatibility to games, although I probably skip it in this emulator, it uses it. Think of a Bios as a Loader with a GUI.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have three questions, I hope someone can get me out of the doubt.

And if the update 1.0.1 instead of being an improvement, it could be blocking more the loading of other ROMS? Have you verified what changes the game update brings?

---

And if instead of replacing the game, they route to another ROM by changing the configuration files without removing the original ROM. What would happen?

---

And if instead of replacing the original ROM with other ROMs, they modify said ROM (or only the .dol) of Sunshine that allows loading the exploits mentioned above or derivatives to redirect to another ROM? What would happen?

Reactions: Fadi5555

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night