OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm new here, and not really sure whether this is the right place to post this, but I need some help.
My DSTT (I'm not sure whether its an original or a fake), has suddenly slowed down after shifting to a Kingston 4GB MicroSDHC card.
I received my DSTT from Hong Kong when a relative who went there got it for me, and it came with a 4 GB MicroSDHC card with LD stamped on it(image: http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT...xgVbvGXqYMMaXaQ ) . It was working fine until about a month ago, when due to my card reader being busted, it stopped working, and it couldn't be reformatted on any of the computers I tried on.
Then my friend lent me his 1GB microSD card, and everything was fine.

Then I decided to buy a 4GB Kingston Memory Card+ Card Reader Combo, and my DSTT has slowed down a lot.
Radiant Historia takes 7 minutes to boot, and Pokemon Black takes around 25 minutes. I have 2GB free on my card, and I'm using a modified version of ysmenu and an unofficial ttmenu which has worked fine on both my previous cards.

Also, 32 MB games like MarioKart, ScribbleNauts, and SuperScribblenauts take hardly 10 seconds to load.
Thanks in advance.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

shevroullette

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Panasonic Formatter kept crashing when I used it, and I have Wndows 7 HomeBadic. I think that's partly the reason why my first MicroSDHC card stopped working. And I tried replacing the ROMs as well, but no luck. And this might not matter, but the one gig card was formatted in GAT and this ones in FAT32.

DarkShinigami

#1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO NOT TRIPPLE POST

you know the edit button is there for a reason people her dont really like it when some one tripple posts

and if you take snailfaces files you WILL need the exp patch for pokemon black. retros latest update fixes that woodtt1.25 doesn't

shevroullette

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Copying retros files(6.58) and sorry for triple posting.(I didnt know)
Okay, its taking as long as ever.

WoodTT works fine, and yeah, it's like woodr4 for the DSTT.
Thanks everyone.
EDIT(18 may): new super mario bros doesn't work, and my patched pokemon black rom freezes after starting the game.
Necron N.N: Yeah, I prefer xp ,but I'm forced to use 7, and don't have access to xp.
Also, I've got my hands on a Sandisk 4GB class 4 microSDHC card. Might switching to that onehelp, since I don't have access to xp?
EDIT : The SanDisk one works perfect with the ysmenu I compiled.

Necron

Lurking~
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
shevroullette said:
Copying retros files(6.58) and sorry for triple posting.(I didnt know)
Okay, its taking as long as ever.

WoodTT works fine, and yeah, it's like woodr4 for the DSTT.
Thanks everyone.
I had the same problem, but I formatted the micro SD with Panasonic SD formatter and everything now is smooth (the load time for games was always fast, though). So try it on XP, that should make the native firm faster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455