Slowdowns in Pokemon Sun & Moon

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ManuelKoegler, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Timeboy

Timeboy Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2015
    I can definitely see a noticeable difference between playing on the O3DS and N3DS. Double battles on the O3DS are pretty much unbearable. There's the pause the trainer models make in between their mugshot and throwing the ball, and the frame rate drop caused by having two Pokémon models and 2/3 trainer models on screen at the same time. The totem effect also causes lag. But on the N3DS, although the pause the trainers have in double battles is still there (must be hard coded or whatever), I find there's minimal lag. Although I've not played on the N3DS without increasing the clock in HANS so it could be that I suppose.

Imagine how bad it'd be if they still used 3D in battles.

Omegadrien likes this.
  2. KomasterXX

KomasterXX Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2016
    Kenya
    Do you still get slowdowns in battle royal? I used NTR's CPU Clock 804MHZ, L2 Enabled. Or is the overclocking you are referring to different? In any case, it did improve my lag, it is VERY minimal at this point. Thanks!

3. Coto

Coto -

Jun 4, 2010
    Chile
    Agreed. The only improvement you´d see between both 3DS would be "improved loading times" (that is if CPU/DMA/RAM), GPU I guess if overclocked on New3DS would make everything look smoother.

4. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    Just for info: "the pause the trainer models make in between their mugshot and throwing the ball" -> it's intended. It's not a lag.

5. MasterLel

MasterLel /x69/x73/x73/x6f/x75

Mar 14, 2015
    France
    France
    Also there's the "black screen" thing that lasts for like 5 seconds after every battle, it's like the game is reloading the whole map after battles

Omegadrien likes this.
  6. Omegadrien

Omegadrien GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Nov 4, 2015
    France
    Pokéland
    That's exact!
    And it's 3.5 seconds on my n3ds...

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted