Slow Life Games?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by The20BIT, Feb 6, 2011.

Feb 6, 2011

Slow Life Games? by The20BIT at 6:42 PM (2,056 Views / 0 Likes) 25 replies

1. The20BIT
    OP

Newcomer The20BIT Advanced Member

Canada
    I am looking for a game that I can just sink time into. I have already played Animal Crossing to the point where I can't really play it anymore. Right now I am getting my hands on Virtual Villagers, buddy of mine said it was an "Ok game" so I don't know.

But does anybody know of any slow life games like Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon? Even games like Nintendogs would be good.

2. drake7707

Newcomer drake7707 Member

Belgium
  3. GeekyGuy

Global Moderator GeekyGuy Professional loafer

United States
    Yeah, as soon as I read the thread title, I thought of Virtual Villagers. I tried it, and I thought it was okay but not really my thing. It's one of those where you do a good bit of watching and waiting. It's a cool concept, though. Sims 3, of course, is another good one. It seems to be working on most cards now, and I thought the DS version was quite good compared to the PS3 version we also own.

4. Goli

Member Goli RPG

Chile
    Try Magician's Quest: Mysterious Times.
    It's like Animal Crossing + Harry Potter.

5. The20BIT
    OP

Canada
    I'll try Sims and Magician's Quest they sound pretty cool, and does anybody know anything about Lost in the Blue? Out of the 3 which is the best?

6. GeekyGuy

United States
    The Lost in Blue games are under-rated gems in my opinion, but they're the opposite of "slow life." Those games kinda remind me of the WC3 custom Troll Tribes map. They're survival games, and you have to constantly be doing things in order to stay alive.

Magician's Quest is another good choice if you enjoyed Animal Crossing. I enjoyed the fact it had actual quests but also played (and looked) much like Animal Crossing. The spells are silly fun too.

7. The20BIT
    OP

Canada
    Huh sounds like a good time, I think I might have to look into Lost in the Blue...which one first though? In your opion of course, and I got Magician's Quest and so far I am loving it!

8. GeekyGuy

United States
    They're all good, but since they're all basically the same, I'd say start with 2 or 3, since those games have some improvements that make managing inventory and such a bit easier than the first game.

9. The20BIT
    OP

Canada
    Alright I will have to check that out.

Edit: Has anyone heard of the game Fantasy Life? I saw it in Nintendo Power awhile ago but it was only once.

10. Nightwalk3r

Newcomer Nightwalk3r Member

Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
    And what game would you recommend for someone who hasn't played any games of this type before?

11. The20BIT
    OP

Canada
    Personaly I would recomend Rune Factory 2 or 3. They offer a nice blend of farming and slow life action with some good fast paced combat. Animal Crossing Wild World would be my second recomendation good game lot's of replayability. Also Nintendogs is kinda a slow life game in a way (it's also a guilty pleasure of mine right next to the saftey dance)

12. yuka001

Member yuka001 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Fantasy Life was originally planned for DS, but it's going to be on 3DS after all. There's a trailer floating around. And it Looks awesome!

13. Terenigma

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom
    This x 1000

14. The20BIT
    OP

Canada
    Ya Rune Factory was one of the few games that I really got into TWEWY was the other one.

15. suruz

Member suruz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I really liked Lost in Blue 3 for some reason... The other two were waaay too hard for me, and my characters kept dying before I made any real progress.. But for the third one, they made it slightly easier, and I actually completed it..

It's a really fun game, except you have to constantly make sure your characters are fed, energized, replenished, etc... But if you stick with it for long enough it gets much easier and there's a sort of decent story to uncover xD

16. ferofax

Member ferofax End of the World

Philippines
    The Settlers will EAT YOUR TIME in kingsized bites. If you can get past the sluggish and rough look. and the bugs. you will have to be aware of a save-killer bug somewhere in the later campaigns. that particular level can be done, but you'll have to rush it without saving as that invokes the bug.

17. alphenor

Newcomer alphenor Advanced Member

why do you play HP??

+5 for RF3.

18. paratroopa

Member paratroopa GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Viva Pinata - Pocket Paradise.
    It's a bit of a strange concept on paper but it works really well and you will sink many hours into it.

Basically, you start off with a garden which you have to tidy and spruce up in order to attract Pinatas.
    You'll first attract a small worm Pinata (Whirlm) just for having a garden.
    You can also plant flowers, trees and vegetables in your garden to attract different Pinata or to make money. For instance, having some carrots in your garden will attract a rabbit Pinata (Bunnycomb).
    When you have two Pinata of the same species in your garden, you can breed them if you meet their requirements which usually consist of having their home in your garden and having eaten something such as a flower, fruit, vegetable, seed or smaller Pinata.
    Breeding in this game is referred to as performing a "Romance Dance" to keep with the game's family friendly nature.
    This is a fairly open ended Sandbox game with emphasis on exploring the game at your own pace.
    This game is deceptively addictive and definitly worth checking out.

19. Sausage Head

Banned Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Netherlands
    Sounds fun. I saw a friend of mine play it, but I haven't really looked into that game at all. I'm going to check it out right now. [​IMG]

For the20BIT, I'd pick Civilization Revolution. There are a lot of scenarios and random maps to choose from, and the games take pretty long.
    If you like LineRider, I would say Line Rider 2 unbound. Scribblenauts and it's sequel, Super Scribblenauts are also fun games that last very long after finishing it.

Anno: Dawn of Discovery is also a good game, you can play custom set games, and there is a good story.

All those games could keep you busy [​IMG]

20. The20BIT
    OP

Canada
    Oh I didn't know Civilization was on the DS....also I knew that there was a Viva Pinata game on the DS I just didn't know what it was called and if it was even worth my time but I guess if you say it's good I will check it out.

Is Civilization a RTS? Or is it like the Age of Empires games on the DS cause I really like those games.