Hacking slot 1 solution, where can I get acekard RPG?

stop_loading

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really interested in acekard RPG since it's the card that has the best compatibility on the market, no need for dumb ARM7 patch fixes and microSD speed issues, but now since bamboogaming is closed, where can I get them?

Acekard team is retarded, how do they expect us to support their product and explore the open source nature if their product is near impossible to find?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Acekard is a great choice and as much as much as it is I have to point out your mistake that it is not the only card with 100% compatibility. Get the acekard as soon as bamboo comes back online. I got mine last night from bamboo and I got a shipping confirmation email today before their site went down so I am really happy mine shipped before they closed! Once they are back online differently order it fast as I know they are low in stock.

EDIT: Deal extreme does not carry AKRPGs. I checked already.

stop_loading

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Acekard is a great choice and as much as much as it is I have to point out your mistake that it is not the only card with 100% compatibility. Get the acekard as soon as bamboo comes back online. I got mine last night from bamboo and I got a shipping confirmation email today before their site went down so I am really happy mine shipped before they closed! Once they are back online differently order it fast as I know they are low in stock.

EDIT: Deal extreme does not carry AKRPGs. I checked already.

well R4 and cycloDS has released patches in the past to keep up with the compatibility, however I dont recall acekard team releasing patches for compatibility fixes (minus the download play which i dont care), ever since they release the first acekard with their weird file system, not to mention that acekard will never have issue with reading speed

how much did you spend from bamboogaming including shipping? I kinda need a flash card rightaway so i might settle with a cycloDS instead if they're this slow

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I spent quite a hefty amount. I spent exactly $97 AUSTRALIAN which comes to about $84 US. Shipping is $9 US and the real cart is $75 US. It might seem pricey but it comes with 1 gigabyte of NAND flash memory which NEVER has game slowdowns and is the best kind of memory to play roms on. Not to mention has dual memory possibilities with SDHC support. Just wait till tomorrow or so to see if Bamboo gaming is up. If it is then get is ASAP before they run out and they will ship it immediately! That's what they did with me.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The acekard COULD be a REALLY good card since they released their firmware source as open source. i.e. if Acekard disappears it is CONCEIVABLE that a community could get together and continue updates indefinitely, although ATM I don't see much of a community.

Also AFAIK bamboogaming is the ONLY place that carries those cards, and they've got some quite stiff competition with Evos becoming more common, the M3 DS Real everywhere, and TT/Neo DS coming out, all being MUCH cheaper than the Acekard and the Evo/M3 at least having really good sw ATM.

IMO Acekard made a mistake by embedding that 1GB of Flash on the card, which raised their price quite a bit compared to other carts that basically do the same thing, and do it just as well. If I could/wanted to I'd just sit back and see what shakes out over the next month or so, i.e. do more retailers start carrying the Acekard, Neoflash, Toptoys, etc? Do toptoys/Neoflash fix up the sw for the DS cart? Does supercard pull another rabbit out of their hat? Do Evos come down in price and become insanely popular thereby ensuring longish term support? Do Evos increase in production quality?(most important IMO)

I really wanted to like the Acekard since they open sourced their firmware, but I just don't see much of a community and their homegrown firmware doesn't seem to be quite in the same ballpark as the rest of the players, even the Neo/TT DS from the sound of things. I mean the card seems to work OK and all, but it also comes with a pretty high price tag for something that alot of people could probably care less about(onboard 1GB Flash). Also I do NOT like fixed onboard storage cards as that memory will eventually "wear" out and you can't just gank it out and replace it, and this applies to any of the fixed storae cards, e.g. G6 DS Reals, etc.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ya, there really isn't an acekard community. Acekard team really needs to start handing out dev samples to willing programmers like chishm,if he accepts, and others willing to try to code for the acekard if they get a free one or two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.