Hacking Slot-1 Recommendation

Haruspex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Please help me which slot-1 flashcart to choose for my DSLite. Because we all have different tastes let me make clear what i really want from a slot-1 solution.

1)100% NDS Game Compatibility with 1:1 Game Performance (With 1:1 game performance i mean to play ALL the games EXACTLY like the original cards.) Also i want the flashcart to be as future-proof as possible.

2)Moonshell

3)Build Quality. This is important, i don't want a fragile card with hardware glitches. I want something as durable as possible and last a long time.

4)Low power consumption. This is also important.

5)Good Action Replay cheat support with no slowdowns when cheats are enabled.

Basically these are the 5 things i want from a slot-1 flashcard, don't care about download play, gba games, homebrew, external or internal memory or price.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1)100% NDS Game Compatibility with 1:1 Game Performance (With 1:1 game performance i mean to play ALL the games EXACTLY like the original cards.) Also i want the flashcart to be as future-proof as possible.
N-Card and clones and the G6 DS Real fit this very well, all the other cards have almost 100% compatibility but it depends on the speed of your MicroSD card.

2)Moonshell
Moonshell as a loader or as a media player? SCDS1 and EZ-V use Moonshell as a loader and all cards that have a DLDI patch will work with Moonshell if the flashcart team doesn't make a special version themselves.

3)Build Quality. This is important, i don't want a fragile card with hardware glitches. I want something as durable as possible and last a long time.
In the R4 the spring loader has been known to break and the DS-X has had a lot of size problems. A lot of cards (G6DS Real, SCDS1 and more) havea chip sticking out slightly from the front but this has not been known to damage anything other than the sticker (but even then its only slight damage)

QUOTE(Haruspex @ Jun 13 2007, 06:56 PM)4)Low power consumption. This is also important.
No slot-1 cards I know of use an excessive amount of power

QUOTE(Haruspex @ Jun 13 2007, 06:56 PM)
5)Good Action Replay cheat support with no slowdowns when cheats are enabled.
Apparently R4 cheat engine slows some games down but I've not experienced this... I'd look at other people's opinions on this matter.

- Sam

Haruspex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Thanks for the detailed reply. As for Moonshell i don't really care if the card uses it as a loader or as a pure media player. All i want is to directly play mp3's, view images, read documents and watch dpg videos.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...