Hacking Slim version work on Original

emcp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok
im about to buy a DSTT/NDSTT from amazon, it mentions its for 2nd generation (slim) only

i presume that the guts of it will work, and the only reason why its slim only is due a different size of gba cart

is that the only problem, the rumble and gba expansion

is there a way around this
or could someone get me a link to one that will work with the older NDS

thanks

also would i be missing out on much without the gba cart, the rumble is a nice feature but i dont really give a damn, dstt is so much cheaper than anything else ive seen

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Check out Dealextreme.com. I imagine it will be cheaper than almost anywhere else, but shipping will take 2 to 4 weeks. If you want fast shipping, check out Leetmod.com. I would also recommend a cart other than the DSTT, like the Acekard 2 or maybe the Edge.

To answer your question, the DSTT is sometimes bundled with a GBA and/or rumble which only work with the Lite (they are the eWin GBA expansion and eWin rumble). But you can buy the DSTT without the GBA and rumble, and it would be much cheaper that way. The DSTT itself will work with both the Lite and Phat versions of the DS.

I believe there is a version of the EZFlash 3-in-1 that works with the Phat if you want GBA/rumble, but I'm not sure about that. If you don't want to play GBA games, I wouldn't bother. The rumble isn't nearly as cool as you would think. It only works for about 10 games, it eats up your battery, and it isn't very "rumbly" so you can definitely do without that.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I do have webos