Skyward Sword: the aftermath

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Piebe, Nov 21, 2011.

Nov 21, 2011

Skyward Sword: the aftermath by Piebe at 8:17 PM (3,053 Views / 0 Likes) 45 replies

1. Piebe
    OP

Member Piebe GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Though i haven't finished it yet, i played enough Skyward Sword to say that it is definitely a title that stays true to the Zelda formula and yet adds something fresh. The motion controlling is fine for most of the time, but has some flaws like the boss keys. Why on earth did they force it upon us like that where one almost needs a degree in mathematics to get in and an elastic arm. That is some of the most awful gameplay and it is absolutely no fun. Honestly, that would have cost them a point if they had let me do the review.

Aside from that minor huge issue, i would give the game a 9 and how about you?

2. brandonspikes

Member brandonspikes King Erazer

United States
    You know you can let go of the A button and straighten your arm.

I let my 6 year old nephew try, and he got the first one.

3. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    Haha, I sort of agree with the boss key part.
    But as Brandon said, you can let it go.

... But yes, I think my arm has gotten a bit twisted since I started with SS.

4. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    those boss keys are easy you just flick to the left/right and up/down the key always fits in 1 of them positions you don't need to twist your arm :P

as for the game itself i feel they put too many gimmicks in it (not the controls) and it doesn't feel like a zelda game. they also used motion controls for stupid stuff that really wasn't needed and where the analog stick would have worked just fine.

i'd give it 7/10

5. Piebe
    OP

Netherlands
    I know i can let go, but it still sucks and it took me about 15 minutes the first time and i have passed the age of your nephew. :P

I can see why some flaws would disappoint a Zelda fan, but grading it that low seems a bit harsh don't it?

6. Bladexdsl

Australia
    that's why i'm a true gamer i can see the flaws in any game and am not afraid to point them out even zelda. anytime i play a game no matter what it is if there is anything in it that annoys me it instantly loses 1 point. in ss there was 3 things that really annoyed me.

7. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    There's just a ton of useless fluff that NIntendo threw in that really drags down a game with fantastic level design. Some of the motion controls are flat out useless, some things like the "conversation system", the whole "boss key puzzle", crap like that are just little nitpicks that end up eating on the game.

In the end it's probably the best designed Zelda game in terms of levels and even method of combat but I still wouldn't put it above Twilight Princess, mainly because of the fluff and it overall being less interesting. I've never judged Zelda on plot and characters since they're all rather shit but were never designed to be more than that but this time around it's pretty weak. Girahim is a joke, he looks like Freddy Mercury and Sephiroth had a child and beat it with the ugly stick.

I'm on the last dungeon pretty much so I won't give my final judgment until I finish the game but I'm not seeing this taking my coveted perfect score anytime soon.

8. Piebe
    OP

Netherlands
    I am also not afraid tot look at flaws but is a well made decision a real flaw? What i mean is like the absence of a day and night cycle which is obvious a decision.

9. Valwin

Banned Valwin The Neautral Gamer

United States
    the game is fine in my opinion the best zelda game ever made Nintendo did a great job

10. Sayargh

Newcomer Sayargh Advanced Member

United States
    I think 7 out of 10 is a perfect score for this game. Why? because its full of really obnoxious filler, and kind of boring filler too. Like another guy said, it drags an otherwise fantastically designed game down.

My complaints:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

This game does not deserve perfect scores, its not a bad game, its good, just not great.

11. Lucif3r

Member Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sweden
    From the post above I only agree on the Fi part.

12. Bladexdsl

Australia
    couldn't agree more 1 of the most annoying things you have to do in the whole game

they shouldn't even be in the game

i actually liked that part they did the same thing in oracle of ages too.

she's 10 times worse than navi ever was!
    don't get me started on this...

13. brandonspikes

Member brandonspikes King Erazer

United States
    How to you claim to be a true gamer when all your points are from lack of understanding the controls.

14. Bladexdsl

Australia
    -1 for gimmicks
    -1 for annoying motion control USED in stuff where their not needed has nothing to do with sword fighting.
    -1 for how annoying fi is and also the repeated fucking text. that should have been 6/10 but i'm being nice.

7/10

15. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    You obviously don't know how to review then

16. Bladexdsl

Australia
    you idiots refuse to see what i'm talking about everytime you make up a bs excuse about it's the controls fault well where once did i mention the sword controls were bad?! : lol:
    that's what sets me apart from fanboyz like you who refuse to see anything wrong with your precious zelda games. i started with a 10 and it lost 3 points this game has both plus's and also flaws SOOOOOOO
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  17. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    OK, I'm guessing you're a CoD fanboy then? (even if you aren't it still applies):

I don't like the guns
    I don't like how they walk
    They graphics are too grey
    There's too many games
    Too repetitive
    Too much cheating
    Lots of glitching
    Crap maps
    No plot

So now CoD has 1/10 - by your logic that is.

Oh and btw, I'm not even a Zelda fanboy

18. Bladexdsl

Australia
    no i hate shooters too boring run and gun BS and who gives a fuck about MP.

i can't wait to see what lame excuse you are gonna conjure up next.

keep talking like an idiot it amuses me :P

19. impizkit

Member impizkit Lazy Lurker

Australia
    This is why you are not paid to review games. There is nothing wrong with the game. This is all opinion. Its different and that is why you people bitch. WW was too cartoony, TP was too dark, blah blah blah.

20. Bladexdsl

Australia
    typical zelda fanboyz there's plenty wrong with the game you just refuse to see it. learn to see the bad and you will see the good :sleep:

and btw reviewers half the time are paid to say exactly what you want to hear.