Skyward Sword settings (cios and loader)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by nvrslep303, Dec 10, 2013.

1. nvrslep303
    OP

nvrslep303 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2010
    United States
    I have played and beaten skyward sword before using Config USB loader and I am trying to do so again. However after getting to the part with the race and you dive off the island and whistle, the screen turns white and freezes. (Although you can still hear the wind sounds. Home button menu works but resetting and return to menu does not, it freezes)

What settings is optimal for skyward sword so I can get past the freezing? I don't remember my original settings anymore after trying to follow related threads on this problem.

2. nvrslep303
    OP

nvrslep303 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2010
    United States
    So i used modmii to reinstall the files on the wii. I used usb loader x to load the game but it just hangs on a black screen. I used Configurable USB loader, d2x cios v7, IOS 249 base 56 and the game still hangs at the same scene. Once it hung before that scene. (Where Groose's lackeys follow him after he runs away. Camera doesn't move, still hear the wind sounds)

Edit: Didn't notice but the music stops cycling after a while also. Is it the HDD?

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Are you using EmuNAND?
    The game doesn't work with EmuNAND (even partial) and randomly freeze.

The cIOS d2x v7 is old (it's often referenced as "Zelda fix" because when zelda was released when most users still had d2x v6 and didn't understand how to watch the Wiimote+ video. You can safely update your cIOS d2x to v8 or v10)

If you are not using EmuNAND, maybe your IOS is bad? (if you use WBFS partition, redump the game, or verify your ISO with WiiBackupManager's Sha1 option).

If still not working, then I don't know what the problem is.

4. nvrslep303
    OP

nvrslep303 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2010
    United States
    I'm not sure what EmuNAND is so I don't think I used it lol.

I just did the Sha1 option in WiiBackupManager and it didn't say anything, just finished, so that must be alright. Formatted HDD into WBFS, placed did WBFS transfer to HDD

installed d2x v8 into 249 base 56

When the ceremony/statue race starts, there was no music before but now there is. The loading screen finally went through. Blocking IOS reload off, loaded with 249. d2x v8 really was the problem?

5. nvrslep303
    OP

nvrslep303 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2010
    United States
    Spoke too soon. After the race, zelda played a few notes on the harp and the harp/music stopped. I went to skip the scene, and it froze mid dialogue.

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    It's not a cIOS problem (though, I don't know what problem it is).

You can keep the "Block IOS reload" to ON. (it's used by few games, like metroid trilogy or sam & max)

EmuNAND is a method to "emulate" the NAND (wii memory). In fact it doesn't Emulate it, but redirect all read/write access from the NAND to your SD card.
    It allows you to save on your SD card instead of using your limited Wii memory size. (you know, when you don't have enough free block in your Wii and you need to delete Channels or old save data)
    By using EmuNAND features, you tell the USBLoader to use SD card instead (plenty of free block!) to install/load Channels/Save data/etc., but it doesn't work with all games.

Not knowing what it is doesn't mean you didn't accidentally enabled it in the loader.
    But if you enabled it only now, you would have notice that you don't have save data (you would have only "start a new game" option, because your SD card don't have your Zelda save, it's on your Wii).

So, I don't know what's wrong. Sorry.