Skyward Sword HD on switch??

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Gadd, Mar 18, 2017.

1. Gadd
    OP

Gadd GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    Guys I'm looking for some advice. Never played this game but I'm collecting all the 3d zeldas. Should I buy the wii version to play on my wii u, or are chances high that it will be revamped for a switch release? I strongly prefer HD, but I fear it won't be remade because the game was controversial for it's motion controls. What do you guys predict, and whaddya think I should do?

2. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Hm.. if you wanna wait a few years, no problem I think.

3. RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Invest in a strong PC gaming rig so you can play it in HD on Dolphin emulator. At least thats more guaranteed than hoping and wishing for Nintendo to do it.

4. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    I don't see a remake coming anytime soon. If at all, I'd see it coming towards the end of the Switch's lifespan, unless there's something technically I don't understand which would make it a very easy port to the Switch. I can't see Nintendo spending many resources trying to support their brand new console with old ports, save for when the Switch is basically riding pretty in retirement and they have the room to stop trying as hard with it.

5. Gadd
    OP

Gadd GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    interesting....does dolphin support the motion controls?

6. RemixDeluxe

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    If your even asking this question I would just look into Dolphin right now. Its the only emulator that really goes above and beyond what the original systems are meant to do.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  7. Nemix77

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    Never played Skyward Sword too but I don't see it happening, Nintendo will have to change the mechanics of the game in order for it to work in handheld mode without motion which makes no sense since Skyward Sword was a Zelda game built on motion plus controls.

8. DaFixer

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Aug 29, 2010
    Netherlands
    In my mencave ;)
    That will be great if they remove that shitty motion controlls, Skyward Sword is a great game.
    But after some time off playing I get really sick off those motion controlls.
    I want to play my games with a controller, lazy on the couch with some good beer.

9. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    It does, but there's no way to emulate the Motion Plus in current builds, so you need a real Wiimote with Motion Plus (integrated or not, it doesn't matter), unless something has changed very recently on that front.

Alkéryn likes this.
  10. Gadd
    OP

Gadd GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    haha! I've got wiimote and plus! I've also got a dual core amd 3.0 ghz and an nvidia 560...8gb ram...where will that get me with dolphin?

11. kingraa777

kingraa777 boom!

Apr 17, 2015
    Those specs should be more than enough for dolphon

12. RemixDeluxe

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Thats awesome and more than enough. Cant guarantee you will get max settings but you will get the game running for sure. Try to invest in a stronger GPU in the future.

13. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    And you'll need to get a Wii Remote Plus and a BT adapter that doesn't suck to use it with.

RemixDeluxe likes this.
  14. RemixDeluxe

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    My mobo has it built in so I dont waste a USB port. But yes your right too.

15. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    A high-def remaster might not happen anytime soon but Nintendo might release it to the VC with Joy-Con support. I'd buy it digitally just because of the Joy-Con support and that I've yet not gotten around to play it on the Wii (using AA batteries is kind of a deal-breaker for me).

16. Gadd
    OP

Gadd GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    hold on I was wrong I'm not an expert on it, my older brother gave it to me. It's this cpu: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103471

AMD Phenom II X4 940 Black Edition Deneb Quad-Core 3.0 GHz Socket AM2+ 125W HDZ940XCGIBOX Processor

8gb ram
    nvidia 560 gpu
    intel and crucial ssd drives like 120gb or so, plus lots of normal HD space

17. RemixDeluxe

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    Do you think the joy-cons will make the motion controlling more accurate than it did with Wii remote plus?

I think the game itself was just fine but having to realign the sensors every 5-10 took out my enjoyment for it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I would just use CPU-Z, its a much better and more accurate way to determine what your PC specs are if you arent sure of the parts inside it. Regardless, you should just get Dolphin and try out the game.

http://www.cpuid.com/

18. Meteor7

Meteor7 Guess where this thumb goes.

Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    New Jersey
    If the motion puzzles in BotW are anything to go by, then not at all.

19. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The motion puzzles on BotW were fine, they just too a little practice to get the hang of it but they were fun anyhow. Joy-Cons would for sure improve the gaming experience of Skyward Sword.

20. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom

Eurgh "strong" nnnnnnuuurrrggh!!

That's my 2 cents.....

RemixDeluxe likes this.