Gaming Skyrim or CoD...

Klightx15

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so anyone think what the possibility of this would be since the vita apparently has the power of a ps3, this shouldnt be too much of a problem. i would be sold on this handheld instantly if either of these games come out for it.

strangely the 3ds hasnt had a mw3 release but the ds has.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For some reason Activision doesn't like making CoD games for sony handhelds but we might see a few titles on there if the VITA hits it off in the US

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
For some reason Activision doesn't like making CoD games for sony handhelds but we might see a few titles on there if the VITA hits it off in the US
>Sony handhelds
There's only been one so far.
The reason is probably being they wouldn't get so much profit off a PSP one because they'd have to do way more than the DS version.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Why on earth would you want to play these games on a handheld in tiny-vision on a bus or in bed (usually without even being able to play COD online)? Play home console games on a home console, where they're designed to be played and don't waste your time playing a stripped down handheld port during your time on the move when you could be playing some of the fantastic handheld exclusive games which are actually made to play to the formats strengths and which you wouldn't prefer to play on a PS3 or 360.

Reactions: 1 person

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Nahh I don't think they would put Skyrim on the Vita.
There is a chance of it getting a different Elder Scrolls game but probably not the same as a console version.
As for COD, well the PSP didn't get much COD games (not sure if any) so we'll have to see.
Oh and if they did put Skyrim on the Vita, people better not keep making those arrow to the knee jokes, they are just terrible..

Reactions: 1 person

Mr. Prince

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Even though I highly doubt Skyrim on vita, I would love if it's actually ported to it. I don't think FPS and Handheld consoles go together.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a PSP CoD game, just nothing like the recent ones. There's also a Vita CoD announced but no details were given.

As for Elder Scrolls, it's unlikely but I'd like to see it. The save-anywhere thing would be pretty sweet for some on-the-go questing.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Bethesda had a Elder Scrolls PSP game in the work but cancelled it years ago. It lacked the open world and free roaming feeling the series is known for, due to the PSP not being strong enough (to their liking). So there's a chance to see an Elder Scrolls title on the PSV, definitely. CoD is coming for sure, 100% sure.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see the Vita taking off in the West anyway...... iOS/Android is the older casual gamers choice of handheld gaming platform, whilst the 3DS is gaining momentum from both younger gamers and hardcore players alike with (finally!) great new games available on it, not to mention the BC with DS games..... Skyrim just won't happen full stop as the machine is neither powerful enough or suited to that kind of game, and Activision go where the money/sales are..... I wouldn't count of either - maybe a CoD port for next year, it being the machine's first xmas here, but that's about it.....
Again, hope I'm mistaken about it not selling well (I'll be buying a Vita no question!)

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psp didnt get cod because no dual sticks. The ds has a touch screen so it has more buttons.
Also hear the vita is damn near close to ps3 power, so dont see why we couldnt get a great looking skyrim or cod or bf game on it. Only time will tell tho but I believe there will be a great shooter on the vita.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
250px-Call_of_Duty_Roads_to_Victory.jpg

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psp didnt get cod because no dual sticks. The ds has a touch screen so it has more buttons.
Also hear the vita is damn near close to ps3 power, so dont see why we couldnt get a great looking skyrim or cod or bf game on it. Only time will tell tho but I believe there will be a great shooter on the vita.

It isn't. Uncharted proves it. Huge and noticeable differences in graphics even compared to Uncharted 1

xile6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psp didnt get cod because no dual sticks.
there's other FPS that can manage on the PSP you know.

Well i played coded arms and liked it. But what i was trying to say is not alot of FPS on the psp due to lack of controls. At lest for me. I found alot of them hard to play and I loved mgs peace walker but the controlls where hell. That let me to not buy any more FPS on the psp.

Forgot about that cod, but as i said i didnt look to much into fps since it didnt have dual sticks.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
MGS Peace Walker controls are amazing, if you leave it as default it's pretty hard.

I used the DPad for switching weapons/items, etc and the buttons for camera.

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a CoD game in the works for vita.
So far, no details from what I know. No actual name either. Just the vague "call of duty vita".
I was wondering about the lack of L2 and R2 on vita, then I thought maybe they'll just use the back touch pad for grenades and special grenades. Problem solved.
As for Skyrim, no way unless they decide to dumb down the graphics and probably make it more linear. That or a side story in a smaller part of Tamriel.
Somehow I don't think it could even handle a port of oblivion. Especially if you count knights of the nine and shivering isles. Imho, shivering isles is the best part of TES4.
Hopefully Bethesda will port or make an entirely new open world game on PSV. God knows it needs all the support it can get from huge titles. Especially with a pricetag that almost killed the 3DS.
Call me pessimistic, but I don't have high hopes for the PSV.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: (i was allowed to do that)