Gaming Skyrim or CoD...

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a CoD game in the works for vita.
So far, no details from what I know. No actual name either. Just the vague "call of duty vita".
I was wondering about the lack of L2 and R2 on vita, then I thought maybe they'll just use the back touch pad for grenades and special grenades. Problem solved.
As for Skyrim, no way unless they decide to dumb down the graphics and probably make it more linear. That or a side story in a smaller part of Tamriel.
Somehow I don't think it could even handle a port of oblivion. Especially if you count knights of the nine and shivering isles. Imho, shivering isles is the best part of TES4.
Hopefully Bethesda will port or make an entirely new open world game on PSV. God knows it needs all the support it can get from huge titles. Especially with a pricetag that almost killed the 3DS.
Call me pessimistic, but I don't have high hopes for the PSV.

None of what you mentioned matters for Vita....only thing they really need to work on is dumbing down the graphics but not making it look ugly.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a CoD game in the works for vita.
So far, no details from what I know. No actual name either. Just the vague "call of duty vita".
I was wondering about the lack of L2 and R2 on vita, then I thought maybe they'll just use the back touch pad for grenades and special grenades. Problem solved.
As for Skyrim, no way unless they decide to dumb down the graphics and probably make it more linear. That or a side story in a smaller part of Tamriel.
Somehow I don't think it could even handle a port of oblivion. Especially if you count knights of the nine and shivering isles. Imho, shivering isles is the best part of TES4.
Hopefully Bethesda will port or make an entirely new open world game on PSV. God knows it needs all the support it can get from huge titles. Especially with a pricetag that almost killed the 3DS.
Call me pessimistic, but I don't have high hopes for the PSV.

There are rumors that the CoD for Vita is actually a CoD3 remake and is set for release in its "launch window" for US/EU. Just a rumor though, nothing official.

As for Elder Scrolls, while it's something I'd definitely love seeing go portable (the "anytime saving" makes it rather easy to pick up and play), it'd probably have some issues. I mean an open world TES game for the Vita is probably possible, just decrease the render area by adding fog or something and dumb down the textures a bit. The Vita has still proven that it can produce relatively on-par visuals with the PS3 though. Compare some UMvC3 screens for the Vita and PS3 and while there's a difference, it's not very noticeable (and probably less so in action).

Buttons wouldn't be an issue though between mapping stuff to the back touchpad and the touchscreen.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
I don't think vita will get skyrim. As none of the elder scrolls game made it to handhelds.
When the system has to render every single fucking thing in the distance and calculate the interactive NPC and monster AI, I understand why it never made it to those old and weak handhelds.

Vita features a quad core processor now, so it should be able to do that shit more simultaneously and quicker too,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455