Skyrim crashes when interacting with NPCS

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Seliph, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Seliph
    OP

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    Like the title says, my game was fine yesterday and now it's crashing 90% of the time when I try to talk to NPCS or loot NPC bodies, I have no clue why because other than in this aspect it runs perfectly fine. I have BethINI installed, I have Enboost installed, I have that thing that changes maximum memory (or something) to 512 installed, I've deleted all of the mods I have disabled and all of my mods and plugins are completely clean. This is really bizarre and I have no clue what's going on.
    Any suggestions? Here's my load order:
    Load order

Last edited by Seliph, Jul 11, 2017
  2. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    I presume that one of your mods changed the character text/voices and when uninstalled did not restore then original files.

3. Seliph
    OP

Seliph Scion of Light/Orphan

Jul 11, 2016
    United States
    Somewhere in Jugdral
    Nah, there was one that I added called Inconsequential NPCs which added text and voices but I removed that after having problems. I did a script latency test and it turns out that I've been having upwards of 500 ms in comparison to the recommended 50 and below ms and that's why I've been crashing (crashes have been happening outside of talking to NPCs now as well). The problem is, I don't really know what to do to fix my latency issues, I think testing out each mod individually and seeing which one gives me a CTD could work but that'll take a lot of time although I plan to try it out tomorrow.