Skylanders on Backup Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by mary1517, Feb 5, 2014.

1. mary1517
    OP

mary1517 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Poland
    So here's my problem... I wanted to try out Skylanders for Wii, but from what I understand, this portal thing is USB powered, well... the USB ports in my Wii are somewhat broken, sometimes they work, sometimes not (usually they don't). But I can still run some backup loading via the SD card.

The question is: Can I play the game on a loader without the portal and/or the figurine?
    I would buy the game for the sake of owning it but... What's the point If I can't play it right?

At this moment, I only have a Wii with me and a tablet, so getting it on a PC or any other system is out of the question, until I get back home from my students room...

2. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    All Skylanders games require the portal to be plugged in. The newest skylanders game requires the thinner wired portal

The toys are required, you play as them in-game

3. Heran Bago

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    The guy reverse engineering the portal/figures tech got hit with a C&D order and he actually stopped doing it. Reverse engineering that as a public hacker could get you sued pretty quickly, those things make bucks.

You need the portal and figures.