Hacking Sky3DS..

JaxApollo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just bit the bullet and ordered both a Sky and Gateway fer my new 3DS JP/AU. After foolishly updating my JP N3DS, I had no choice but to go with Sky. My AU 3DS is on 9.0, so I'm assuming that will be fine fer Gateway. But will I be able to also use the Sky on the 9.0 AU 3DS? I bought Pokemon and Smash on the JP eshop and would love to play VS the AU 3DS but I'm not sure if I need to update it first or something.. So waiting for Gateway might be my best bet.

Thanks fer yor help!

Nuxx20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can use sky on the Aussie one. I have the same setup and it works great. You would have to change the headers in order for roms to work online even without updating to 9.4. There's a guide somewhere in these forums

JaxApollo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can use sky on the Aussie one. I have the same setup and it works great. You would have to change the headers in order for roms to work online even without updating to 9.4. There's a guide somewhere in these forums
Wow, that's awesome! Thanks fer the speedy response. So I could play Smash or ORAS fer example using this method? Then, when Gateway drops I'm assuming I can play whichever backed up game together via local or online play?

mrolive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, that's awesome! Thanks fer the speedy response. So I could play Smash or ORAS fer example using this method? Then, when Gateway drops I'm assuming I can play whichever backed up game together via local or online play?

Smash has been confirmed to work online already. The Sky3DS team has just forgot to patch in headers for some games such as Kid Icarus and Luigi's Mansion. Not sure about ORAS though.

JaxApollo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excellent. Although I do have a few more questions about sky3DS. Will I still be able to use the games that I bought on the eShop on my JP N3DS running 9.4? If so, will I be able to play local multiplayer (Pokemon, Smash, etc) with someone using a sky3ds/gateway and a backed up ROM? To my understandings I just fix the headers and it will werk just like its on 9.4, correct?

I'm sorry for all the questions, I'm very new to this whole thing.

VuuI

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes. Just think of the sky 3DS as a retail cardridge. There is currently no difference between retail games and roms on the sky3DS.

JaxApollo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Just think of the sky 3DS as a retail cardridge. There is currently no difference between retail games and roms on the sky3DS.
Okay, great stuff. From what I've read this may very well change with the next firmware update, so I plan on keeping a NA N3DS XL as a legit system to download new games, and keeping the JP N3DS around for use with Sky3DS.
one thing you need to know sky will not play other region roms on the N3DS not even with regionthree
This ... is a bummer, but not a deal breaker for me. I have an AU N3DS I plan on using with Gateway whenever it is updated. Thank you!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.