SKY3DS Private Header Help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Leon_CC, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Leon_CC
    OP

Leon_CC Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2014
    Hi Guys just recently got a Sky 3DS, I want to make a private header from a Street Fighter ROM I ripped from my Gateway. I have no idea what I'm doing and tried looking around online for information but I just can't seem to understand it.
    Can someone please give me a guide + links to tools to help me make a private header that I can use on all my online ROM's please?
    Can I use the Gateway rom patcher to patch the Header information into a game, then use the SKY3ds Provided template file to write the ROM? Or will that overwrite the header I patched?

2. Leon_CC
    OP

Leon_CC Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2014
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

3. sALMAn84

sALMAn84 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    Malaysia
    1. Used Gateway ROM Patcher to know your Title ID or Game ID (e.g : CTR-N-SAEE) and also to know your street fighter header.
    2. Used application like this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-no-ban-no-sky.381204/ to patch default sky3ds header (public header) with your private header (street fighter header) and write the game with patched template.
    3. Manually edit sky3ds template, edit the template using notepad and search for Title ID or Game ID (with the help of Gateway ROM Patcher to know the game ID) and:-

[​IMG]

Replace the default header with your private header and save. Load the template with diskwriter and write the game.

Note: No needs to change the chip ID, you can used default chip ID just replace the online header.

4. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    The process above messes up the final CRC check which may have unknown effects on performance. You're better off not patching anything and just pasting the Unique ID where it belongs and then recalculating CRC.

5. sALMAn84

sALMAn84 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    Malaysia
    Up to you which method you wants to used. I've always manually edit the template and NO problem or performance issue so far.

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    That may be correct, I'm just pointing out that after such a modification you need to recalculate the last CRC value to make it accurate, even if you do it manually.

7. sALMAn84

sALMAn84 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    Malaysia
    Okey, nice to know :)

8. Leon_CC
    OP

Leon_CC Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2014
    Thanks so much for your help, So I have to find the game ID's of all the games I want to patch and replace the Chip ID and online ID for them all right?

9. sALMAn84

sALMAn84 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 14, 2015
    Malaysia
    yes.