Hacking SKY3DS Private Header Help

Leon_CC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi Guys just recently got a Sky 3DS, I want to make a private header from a Street Fighter ROM I ripped from my Gateway. I have no idea what I'm doing and tried looking around online for information but I just can't seem to understand it.
Can someone please give me a guide + links to tools to help me make a private header that I can use on all my online ROM's please?
Can I use the Gateway rom patcher to patch the Header information into a game, then use the SKY3ds Provided template file to write the ROM? Or will that overwrite the header I patched?

sALMAn84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
1. Used Gateway ROM Patcher to know your Title ID or Game ID (e.g : CTR-N-SAEE) and also to know your street fighter header.
2. Used application like this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-no-ban-no-sky.381204/ to patch default sky3ds header (public header) with your private header (street fighter header) and write the game with patched template.
3. Manually edit sky3ds template, edit the template using notepad and search for Title ID or Game ID (with the help of Gateway ROM Patcher to know the game ID) and:-

Untitled.jpg

Replace the default header with your private header and save. Load the template with diskwriter and write the game.

Note: No needs to change the chip ID, you can used default chip ID just replace the online header.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The process above messes up the final CRC check which may have unknown effects on performance. You're better off not patching anything and just pasting the Unique ID where it belongs and then recalculating CRC.

sALMAn84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Up to you which method you wants to used. I've always manually edit the template and NO problem or performance issue so far.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Up to you which method you wants to used. I've always manually edit the template and problem or performance issue so far.
That may be correct, I'm just pointing out that after such a modification you need to recalculate the last CRC value to make it accurate, even if you do it manually.

Leon_CC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Used Gateway ROM Patcher to know your Title ID or Game ID (e.g : CTR-N-SAEE) and also to know your street fighter header.
2. Used application like this https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-no-ban-no-sky.381204/ to patch default sky3ds header (public header) with your private header (street fighter header) and write the game with patched template.
3. Manually edit sky3ds template, edit the template using notepad and search for Title ID or Game ID (with the help of Gateway ROM Patcher to know the game ID) and:-

Untitled.jpg

Replace the default header with your private header and save. Load the template with diskwriter and write the game.

Note: No needs to change the chip ID, you can used default chip ID just replace the online header.

Thanks so much for your help, So I have to find the game ID's of all the games I want to patch and replace the Chip ID and online ID for them all right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning