Hacking sky3ds or gateway?

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you can use a Gateway you can have a free and lot less brick risky CFW. So why pay?
If you can't or won't downgrade, your only option is SKY3DS+.

So in the end there is no question.

Reactions: RedBlueGreen

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend sky3ds. If you can use gateway, you can use free cfw anyway so why bother. With sky3ds you'll also have support on firmware that can't do cfw yet, meaning it works for those who updated before realizing cfw was a thing. It also allows you to share it with a friend or between multiple consoles without needing to hack all of them. What it lacks in features compared to gateway it makes up for with ease of use.

RedBlueGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sky3ds+ hands down. The thing about Gateway is that you need to be on an exploitable firmware, in which case you can just use a CFW and not spend any money. I have a Sky3ds+ as well as CFW because I bought it over a year ago and had 2 64GB micro sd cards.

Sky3DS+ being the updateable orange button one. The first two models of Sky3ds would be cheaper but nowhere near as reliable

Last edited by RedBlueGreen,

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks to the people who actually read the thread and responded. i said that i'm not planning to get any cards, and which would be better on 11.2, which is an exploitable firmware for gateway

Dekky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I installed CFW on my n3DS I used a Sky3DS+ card. It works great, and loaded every game I threw at it, but the game navigation through the orange buttons is slow and cumbersome. If you put a lot of roms on the SD card it can take a considerable amount of time to cycle through all the games to find the one you want. CFW is the best way to go, but if that is not an option, Sky3DS+ is the only real alternative available.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right now? Neither. Sky3DS brings nothing unique to the table if you are on a CFW and Gateway only has its cheats while also being a fairly significant risk to A9LH with the capability of bricking you or removing your exploit and leaving you hanging.

Sky3DS does have the capability to act like a legit cartridge and works on stock systems, but at a really high price. Given that it also isn't capable of .cia homebrew, region free (except through a homebrew region-free launcher), or non-cartridge games, it's not a great choice.

Gateway requires the same exploits that free CFW uses and likely doesn't bring enough to the table to excuse the fact that you are forced to use an EmuNAND to have it not fuck you over hard due to incompetence or extreme laziness.

In the past, when free CFW wasn't available, a larger percent of consoles were on non-exploitable firmware, A9LH was far more difficult to install, etc? The answers may have been different.

thanks to the people who actually read the thread and responded. i said that i'm not planning to get any cards, and which would be better on 11.2, which is an exploitable firmware for gateway

It's irrelevant whether you are planning on buying one or not. On 11.2, the correct answer is still "neither".

Last edited by Cuphat,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I wouldn't suggest either of them. You are basically paying to either have a ROM loader that does nothing and has a high chance of getting you banned online. Or you are paying for a ROM loader with an always out of date CFW.
Sky3DS, you are paying more for less
Gateway3DS, paying to be out of date.
Just follow the guide and go with a free CFW.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how people would be willing to buy one of those, like A9LH and the EmuNAND things were pretty easy to do even back in the only like over a year ago days where I'd have to dedicate an entire 8 hours to the process. It was always better than shelling out my money because I'm broke n****

and man i softmodded my 3ds like a year and a half ago it feels weird how i remember that entire day like yesterday. I think that was the first time i watched sleepycast too yo that day led to some good stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4