ROM Hack sky3ds+ online playing problem 07/2016

Ragy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good morning/evening. I'm new here and I'm not used yet to this amazing site.

I use a sky3ds + (the orange button) and I have problems with the online playing.

Since about a month ago, every time I try to connect any of my games (exept super smash bros) to internet, it gives me the 002-0123 error. I guess it's a problem with my header but when I bought my sky3ds+ a year ago all worked perfectly. I'm not really good in informatic matters and I guess there must have been an answer or more to my question but I really don't understand...
I use a header of pokemon Y and I have a v11 3ds and I don't have gateway.

Thank you.

(Sorry for bad english, I'm French)

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use Sky3DS, but I've read somewhere that using a Sky3DS is very risky and can get you banned from Nintendo's online services so I guess that's it.
If you want to use online services without getting caught, then your best choice is to install CFW and pirate the game in CIA format, or the best way, buy the game itself.

Ragy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the quick answer.
Your solution is great but I don't have Emunand to get the CFW and install a .cia file.
(and I buy important games like pokemon)

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick answer.
Your solution is great but I don't have Emunand to get the CFW and install a .cia file.
(and I buy important games like pokemon)

Do you have a 3DS that is under version 11.0-33?

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
then you can downgrade it to 9.2 and hack it.
You need a Homebrew entrypoint though. Do you have access Homebrew Launcher?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use Sky3DS, but I've read somewhere that using a Sky3DS is very risky and can get you banned from Nintendo's online services so I guess that's it.
If you want to use online services without getting caught, then your best choice is to install CFW and pirate the game in CIA format, or the best way, buy the game itself.
Using a public header is risky and can get you banned, not using the sky3ds+ itself. As long as you have a private header you are good to go.

Reactions: Pokem

Ragy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well they talk about a Card_ID and the upgrade to v11 but I didn't understand.
And yeah that's the guide that I didn't understand XD I think it talks about the sky3DS v2 (blue button) right?

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide is for every flashcart. The game the private header comes from must have the same manufacturer byte as the game you're playing. The guide highlights the manufacturer byte in red.

Ragy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you very much!!!
But that leaves me with 2 questions: What's template? How to get a game dump?

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Good morning/evening. I'm new here and I'm not used yet to this amazing site.

I use a sky3ds + (the orange button) and I have problems with the online playing.

Since about a month ago, every time I try to connect any of my games (exept super smash bros) to internet, it gives me the 002-0123 error. I guess it's a problem with my header but when I bought my sky3ds+ a year ago all worked perfectly. I'm not really good in informatic matters and I guess there must have been an answer or more to my question but I really don't understand...
I use a header of pokemon Y and I have a v11 3ds and I don't have gateway.

Thank you.

(Sorry for bad english, I'm French)

You need a private header setup on your settings.txt inside the Sky3DS+ SD to this error stop
You have 3 options
  1. Downgrade your 10.7 3DS to 9.2 and use the Decrypt9WIP to dump the private header of one of your original games
  2. Buy a Power Save (or whatever it is called) and use this extra hardware to dump a private header of one of your original games
  3. Find a friend with a hacked 3DS or with power save willing to give you a private header
  4. Buy from someone who is willing to sell one to you (not really thrust-worth, he can sell te same private header to everyone and you will continue having these errors)

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
And if you have a rom with other manufacturer, you can setup a private header por that game only changing de game rom .cfg file to use that specific private header

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
Stop this brick paranoia, your best option is downgrading and installing cfw. If you can't come to understand this then gtfo

He never said he is afraid of bricking his 3DS, some people just don't care about CFW and stuff and just want to have fun playing games

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How long was a header? xx xx xx xx or was it longer?

16 XX
like XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs