Hacking Sky3ds MH4 - 002-0123

D

Deleted-19228

Update: I finally figured out the root cause for all this, I went back to my original way with my own template created by SAK.

It turns out the whole problem was because I never clicked the verify box in discwriter... I feel completely stupid for this, but never knew it was crucial.

Again, I'm sorry guys, but maybe this could be a future step when asking about the 002-0123 errors.

This isn't it. Something else fixed it.

SAK in my opinion is bugged since it absolutely REQUIRES you to rename the file to .3dz or it grabs incorrect information if it's named as a .3ds. Again, no rhyme or reason. I mentioned it to the dev and was berated in that thread for making the suggestion. It should specify it absolutely requires .3dz. How about block it from loading anything other than .3dz, that would make more sense, but no, it continues to work and grabs BAD info for you.

Reactions: Osmosis

Seven-4-Seven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

SAK in my opinion is bugged since it absolutely REQUIRES you to rename the file to .3dz or it grabs incorrect information if it's named as a .3ds. Again, no rhyme or reason. I mentioned it to the dev and was berated in that thread for making the suggestion. It should specify it absolutely requires .3dz. How about block it from loading anything other than .3dz, that would make more sense, but no, it continues to work and grabs BAD info for you.

Even if that was the case, I first checked by roms by going through Gateway patcher to see the Chip ID, then exporting it to a .bin file to be read in Sky.

I've been using the same C2 Header every single time. I retried and retried using the exact same method and header, the only time I was able to actually go online was through checking that verify box.
I know it must not be the case, but with how helpful every one including you are, This is the only conclusion that I've came across.

D

Deleted-19228

Have you dumped the game again and compared the header data with the .bin you have? Just for testing...

Also there's an odd possibility you were actually banned and the ban might have just recently lifted?

Megaben99

I'm not an intern. I'm a messenger of the Gods!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I start with the current template from Sky3ds website, then locate the part of the template for the game I'm adding (CTR-BFGE, for Monster Hunter 4, for example) then replace the header line in the template with my own. Save as txt file, load in Diskwriter, write the ROM to SD.

No error, and I've been successful on two separate consoles with MH4U, SSB, Pokémon AS/OR, NES Remix.

Seven-4-Seven

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you dumped the game again and compared the header data with the .bin you have? Just for testing...

Also there's an odd possibility you were actually banned and the ban might have just recently lifted?

I've never really played online with any game whatsoever, just went to the Eshop and downloaded updates. I dont think error 002-0123 associates with a ban.

The game is a larger file than most, maybe whenever I used Diskwriter without verifying a file may have been corrupted. If no one else has had this issue using the correct Chip ID header then I must have really bad luck.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never really played online with any game whatsoever, just went to the Eshop and downloaded updates. I dont think error 002-0123 associates with a ban.

No, 002-0123 has nothing to do with Banning. It just means your game doesn't have credentials (private headers) to access online features.

A ban is very different... it's when you use the in-game online features without a private header and they give you a 002-0102 error.

Just don't play games like SSB or Pokemon or MH4U online without private headers. If you do it too much (by accident or intentionally) they can ban your NNID account after numerous violations.

Oddly, I couldn't get SAK to do it for me either. Although it does kind of help...

I used Powersaves to rip private header (but couldn't get my Chip ID), the template file to match my private header to Chip ID (just looked up the game I got my private header from in template to guess if C2, AE, or 45), ROM Patcher (to inject private header into a DLed ROM so I could then export the .bin header), and then used NO BAN NO SKY to spam my Macronix (C2) private header on the whole template, and then used my retail carts like Pokemon AS for all my Pokemon templates, SSB for AE games, and oddly, Kirby Deluxe was the best Macronix header. Very compatible with most games.

I play Pokemon OR/AS/X/Y, SSB, Ult NES Remix, Ult Tetris, Luigi's Mansion, and Pac-Man Galaga all on my Sky3DS with private headers and have never been banned. Even tried it on friend's 3DS units and worked flawlessly.

Wen I finally could dump my ROMs using LOADER.DAT I discovered that my Kirby header also had an unknown byte of 0x03 in the Chip ID.

So who knows... Rip some private headers, try them all on a game until 002-0123 stops, then spam it on your other games. Try to keep your private headers from games like Pokemon on Pokemon, and SSB should work on AE (OKI Semiconductor) IDs.

It seems confusing, but it's not that hard. Just make a .txt file of the template CTR-P-XXXX of where the header is coming from and then kep your private header under it. Makes a neat reference file for copy & paste purposes.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To put what I think Osmosis is trying to say simply...

Nooooo... what I posted WAS the simple version. You know which game you got the private header from, right? Okay, look up that game in the Diskwriter's templateXXXX.txt file. Look at the line under SHA1. Does it say C2? AE? or have 45? You can tell, because it repeats twice. The first C2 is the Chip ID. The second C2 is the EEPROM ID. They are both on the same line.

** : CTR-P-XXXX

SHA1: 5CDA37D998C8D6A7B4132729F1C90AC8FC5199E6
00 00 00 00 C2 FE 00 90 C2 22 13 00 69 0B 96 F4 <-- CHIP ID & EEPROM ID
43 54 52 49 4D 41 47 45 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
AB 22 FA 2C BA C8 8E 25 8E EF 32 8A 51 3C 46 86
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX XX <-- Private Header Line
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
43 54 52 2D 50 2D 42 54 4D 4A 00 00 00 00 00 00
etc....

So know you know what you private header's Chip ID is. Now try using it on other templates that match the Chip ID. So if C2, use that private header on C2 games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Going.