sky3ds issue

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Dimension Fire, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Dimension Fire
    OP

Dimension Fire Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2014
    Hi,
    Having an issue with my new blue button sky3ds card, Im using disk writer V105 and Template 1225.
    I am copying over all euro roms from *Snip!* All of the roms appear to be working if you write them to the sd card first but when pressing the blue button it wont change from the first game? I have noticed that the blue LED keeps flashing continuously which seems a bit unusual, can anyone help?
    Cheers.

2. Memoir

Memoir A Hero to Zero

GBAtemp Patron
    Memoir is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    Wyoming
    Firstly, remove any mention of download sites.. Against the rules.. Secondly, format your SD using Panasonic SD formatter and try again. That's the first place.

Dimension Fire likes this.
  3. johnbus

johnbus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    The continuous flashing seems to mean that it's basically stuck on a game. Ironically, this was considered a good thing since it helped bypass the 10 game limit for older cards. When that happens, the cart has to be ejected or the system shut off to make it stop.

Are you holding the button down or just tapping it?

Foxi4 and Dimension Fire like this.
  4. Dimension Fire
    OP

Dimension Fire Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2014
    Animal crossing seems to work and stop the flashing of the LED but once you switch it to the next rom it starts flashing again and wont switch again?
    I have noticed that it is the only game that has NO in the EEPROM column.

5. Dimension Fire
    OP

Dimension Fire Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2014
    I have tried holding it down and just tapping it then leaving 30secs and turning it off and on and still does not seem to work.

6. johnbus

johnbus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    AC:NL is supposed to be EEPROM=no since it's a CARD2 game, and CARD2 games don't have EEPROM chips built in.

I haven't tried the latest writer or template, but (at least certain) CARD2 games have required the original writer and template. I would delete it with the newer writer, and try reburning it with the originals.

7. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    Sometimes simply removing and putting the cart back in works when it's not switching games, I don't know why that happens every now and then.

johnbus, Dimension Fire and mech like this.
  8. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga

this man is correct.

9. johnbus

johnbus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    Oh, so he gets a like and a pat on the back for HIS post, but mine goes completely ignored.

I see how it is.

Foxi4 likes this.
  10. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga
    i usually only read the last 3 posts on a thread, shhhh its my secret... sorry props to you if you said it first here, i will take your word for it because im not scrolling up :D

p.s. ive been talking about this technique for a bit too before this thread.

11. Dimension Fire
    OP

Dimension Fire Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2014
    Mkay,
    so ive tried a re-write of the sd card used v102 the same problem persists I now have 2 games with no in the EEPROM column they will scroll through using the eject the card method. However the other roms with the EEPROM set at yes cause the LED to continue to flash constantly while playing the game and when you try to select another game it will only take you back to the start of the game list. Weird!

12. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga
    are you using any trimmed roms or from a region which your 3ds isnt?

13. Dimension Fire
    OP

Dimension Fire Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2014
    No they are all euro roms and not any trimmed I can get them to work individually but cant get them to scroll through when i have a few on the sd card.

14. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga
    so you have 2 euro roms on a micro sd card thats not a small one, a 32gb one for example, you switch your 3ds on and when its loaded you insert the sky3ds and your 1st game loads, you press the button and the game does its eject thing then reloads the first rom again? is this right ?

15. Dimension Fire
    OP

Dimension Fire Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2014
    I have a 32G card, it will work fine with 2 games pokemon omega ruby, animal crossing but when it goes onto mariokart the LED will keep flashing and doesnt let you scroll onto other games just back to the start.

16. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga
    does it do this with just this rom or any game in slot 3 ?

17. Dimension Fire
    OP

Dimension Fire Member

Newcomer
    Dec 29, 2014
    if i put any other games other than AC or pokemon in slots 1 or 2 I cant even get as far as slot 3.
    I can put any other game to slot 1 and it will work but wont let me scroll to any other games

18. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Tonga
    sounds like a faulty card, did you follow the instructions on the sky3ds website to the T?

19. xps2

xps2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    im not sure is a faulty card --->>> buggy or glitch card or in the wast case is a faulty card

what card you have sky3ds the blue or red card

im not sure this going fix your problem try it

try this remove the micro sd card in your sky3ds card and power on your 3ds system with out the sky3ds inside now put it in you 3ds system you will see the blue led blink 3 time or flashing

now eject you sky3ds card then put in the micro sd card in sky3ds card then put back in your 3ds system then see if you can switch through all the game now

this here is with micro sd card in side shy3ds card
    or try this when you power on the the 3ds system without the sky3ds in side
    when you put in the sky3ds in your 3ds system when it click in hold the button for 5 second you see no led light then eject the sky3ds card then put it back then see if you can switch through all the game now

20. Sapphire2408

Sapphire2408 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Mine blinks here and there just as well as yours does, but restarting the system does the job for me.