Sky3DS issue

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by RoDryBones, Dec 25, 2014.

1. RoDryBones
    OP

RoDryBones Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I've recently bought a Sky3DS (red button) and I had a microSDHC Verbatim class 10, 16gb. It has three EEPROM games: New Super Mario Bros. 2, Kirby Triple Deluxe and Kingdom Hearts 3D, but both games Mario and Kirby freezes after changing screens in games randomly (Entering a door, one menu to another) and the music stops randomly too. I put in DK Country Returns NO EEPROM and the same thing happens, even a graphic glitch happened once which make the ground to disappear once.

Any ideas?

2. Arithmatics

Arithmatics I'll be holding on to you. ;}

Jan 29, 2009
    Malaysia
    Use the latest template and diskwriter. if those don't work, use the first diskwriter + template. there are known issues with recent templates.

And please try any and all solutions first so we know what you have/haven't tried. It makes the process easier.

3. RoDryBones
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    What I have done so far is formatting the microSD card and downloaded different roms. Tried with Luigi's Mansion and same thing happened.

Also I've been using the last template (Released today) and the last version of diskwriter too (v1.05).
    I'll try the first versions of each.

EDIT: The same happens..

4. RoDryBones
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Is this problem something with the rom, the microSD or the flashcard itself?

5. Phantom_User

Phantom_User Phantom of Page 666

Aug 28, 2012
    Your nightmares
    Might be the MicroSD to be honest. At least that's always one of the causes. Have you tried using another one?

6. RoDryBones
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I don't have another one, but which would you recommend?

7. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    While I do not personally have a Sky3DS, the memory card issue has been an issue multiple times with Gateway. With that being said, I use Sandisk microSD's and have had no problems. Just judging from past topics similar to this but with Gateway carts, the Sandisk cards seem to give people less trouble. It's only anecdotal, but I hope it helps.

RoDryBones likes this.
  8. WaterBotttle

WaterBotttle GBAtemp Regular

Dec 19, 2014
    "SanDisk Mobile Extreme microSDHC 16GB Memory Card & Adaptor." I'm using this on my Sky3DS and I haven't had any problems at all. It might be a bit on the pricey side but I've had other cheaper cards that have caused nothing but problems.

MGS1980 and RoDryBones like this.
  9. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    Well... usually the problems are fake SD cards. I have a Kingston myself and never had problems. But I do not know how the compatibility works for Sky3DS

10. RoDryBones
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 25, 2014
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Thank you so much, I will buy a Sandisk one and I'll post everything here.

11. MGS1980

MGS1980 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 27, 2014
    United States
    Good luck to you. I know that these memory card issues can be frustrating. Just make sure to buy it from a reputable dealer. I know that you are in Chile so I'm not sure what store chains that you have, but Walmart or Amazon (not one of the third party Amazon retailers) is usually a safe bet. The key thing is that if you find a deal that seems too good to be true (like on eBay), you run a good risk that it could be a fake. We saw a lot of that when Gateway added support for Pokemon and there was a huge influx of people buying them along with cheap memory cards that turned out to be fake. Usually, once they went down the avenue of buying one from a retailer, that solved the problem. I hate sounding like you can't trust anybody on eBay (I have got some great deals on everything from consoles to laptops), but it is just so easy to counterfeit these memory cards which turn out to be basically worthless in the end.

RoDryBones likes this.
  12. Sapphire2408

Sapphire2408 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Same issue here but my SD card ain't no problem. Its a Kingston 16GB card. Also used the new template file plus the new diskwriter.
    BTW : My Sky3DS is a blue button one.
    Edit : Is a Class4 MicroSD fine?

13. da1e85

da1e85 GBAtemp Regular

Blacklisted Trader
    Dec 11, 2014
    Bad rom why not redownload the rom from somewhere else

14. Sapphire2408

Sapphire2408 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2014
    Gambia, The
    how in the world should that be a bad rom? everything works with the exception of those random crashes.
    a class 4 sd should actually be enough if you consider that the sd card that nintendo sends with the 2ds is also a class 4 card and this card is supposed to run roms as well.

15. lemanuel

lemanuel Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker

Dec 11, 2014
    Portugal
    the card doesn't actually run the roms tho. and I don't know how it works for Sky3DS but at least with GW, it's commonly known that a class 4 is kinda slow and buggy. That's why it's recommended to have a class 10 or at least class 6

16. da1e85

da1e85 GBAtemp Regular

Blacklisted Trader
    Dec 11, 2014
    Well it's not a problem for me or my gf or countless other people so you either listen to the advice and try or not but I assure you it's a bad rom or sd card

17. Sapphire2408

Sapphire2408 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2014
    Gambia, The
    i guess i need to try another card then. does anyone of you know if it is possible to send back an amazon article if you dont have the original packaging anymore?
    EDIT : Found the packaging. So is it possible to backup the save in order to continue my game with another card?

18. da1e85

da1e85 GBAtemp Regular

Blacklisted Trader
    Dec 11, 2014
    And the sky3ds isn't nintendo so maybe a class 4 isn't good enough

19. da1e85

da1e85 GBAtemp Regular

Blacklisted Trader
    Dec 11, 2014
    Amazon probably not but I have a 64gb San disk sdxc card and its flawless

20. AdonisAncestors

AdonisAncestors Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    i too use a class 10 64gb sandisk sdxc ush-i but i have to same issue as the OP