Hacking -Sky3ds- I want to know what i have to do to play online

reox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey! I have a N3DS 9.6.0-24u and a SKY3DS blue buttom. And i dont know how is the "headers" topic. The things i know are:

- Every rom has a own unique header.
- If i play whit a posted rom i will get banned
- SKY3DS army knife can help me.., i gues.

Can anyone explain me whit a simple tutorial ? thanks in advance.
Sorry for my bad english, i can read it at moderate level, but when i write it i suck.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need a Powersaves Pro dongle, a PC (duh) and HxD hex editor.

A public header is basically what Sky3DS already uses. A private header requires you own the game and pull the header using Powersaves so you can copy it to the Sky3DS template using Sky Army Knife.

To play online with the Sky3DS you will need the private header or Nintendo will Ban Hammer you. Get hammered too many times and they will ban your account. Streetpassing is okay. Playing over-network is okay. IR sharing is okay. The moment you try to access online ANYTHING in ANY GAME if you are not using a private header it will get you banned. The bans do wear off after a week or so. Depends on how mean Nintendo is.

This will require a bit of technical know-how. It is not merely a matter of DL a file and putting it there. A Gateway can also DUMP a ROM and you can get the header from there. But with your firmware you can't install Gateway.

So you'll need a PowerSaves Pro 3DS dongle (gamestop for $30). Do not buy used. You need the key to install the Powersaves software onto your PC.

The tutorial (for advanced users):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-get-your-private-header-using-powersaves.385511/

Reactions: reox

reox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
can I use any Header in any game, Eg: Using a pokémon x Header for super smash bross and braverly default ?.
And what means "Dongle" ?, and many thanks !

D

Deleted User

can I use any Header in any game, Eg: Using a pokémon x Header for super smash bross and braverly default ?.
And what means "Dongle" ?, and many thanks !
You need a pokemon x header for pokemon x...and so with every other game...

The powersaves dongle is just a gadget that connects to your computer and reads/writes cartridge saves.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I applied my SSB4 header to all the roms I have with the Gateway Rom Patcher and it works fine so I can vouch for it (I use a GW though)

The only problem for sky users is, they may have to open sky army knife and change the chip manufacturer it they get error 002-0123.
using gw rom patcher suggests better hip ID's for us so we don't get the error

Reactions: Dragaan

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to rip more than one header. But listen to [user]LameNobody[/user]. We wouldn't be able to do this without him. ;)

EDIT:

Just realized it's LameNobody and not Lameboy. My deepest apologies.

dandymanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Well, for me, i have a O3DSXL on 4.5, and a N3DSXL on 9.2. What i did was used Gateway menu to dump a cheap 3DS game cart into the internal SD card. Copy out this game dump and use Gateway Rom Patcher to extract the header. Then use the No Ban No Sky v2.1 tool to apply this header into all the games in Sky's template list. I do this everytime they release a new template.

If you're on 9.6, then you won't be able to use Gateway to do the dump. Unless you can find a friend to do it for you.

reox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Many thanks for the aswers!, I will buy a power save, until them i will try play some offline games.
another question: can i update games whit public header, or i will get banned too?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The easiest way to get a header is to buy any new cheap game and rip the header using gateway mode (need on a 3ds on 9.2 or lower) in inject that header into all your games

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many thanks for the aswers!, I will buy a power save, until them i will try play some offline games.
another question: can i update games whit public header, or i will get banned too?

Never use a public header and don't rip headers from used games you only need one game (new) and use that header for all your titles by injecting it using gateway rom patcher v1.1

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Never use a public header and don't rip headers from used games you only need one game (new) and use that header for all your titles by injecting it using gateway rom patcher v1.1

Sky3DS users do not use gateway rom patcher, they should use No Ban Sky to patch every header in the template and Sky Army Knife to make any other changes to the template (such as cart manufacturer)

You can buy a used game and get the header from it, but it is a bad idea because there's an EXTREMELY TINY chance someone already ripped the header.
Steel diver is cheaper new than any used game and is guaranteed to work with the powersaves header extracting method.

As for game updating, I don't know if the header matters because it's not a function of the game itself... its a function of the eshop.

After applying a private header, your savegames will need to be restarted because the save is encrypted with the unique id of the cart. (unless you use NTR CFW and extract then inject the saves after you've applied your header.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I kept thinking jaws was gonna come up and attack