Hacking Sky3DS Freezes

RoDryBones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi, I got recently a microSD Sandisk Extreme Pro 8gb reading/writting speed 90/95 mbs and the EEPROM NO games I have freeze randomly (Epic Mickey Power of Illusion and Layton vs Phoenix Wright). The microSD is not a fake one by the way.

Could it be something wrong with the roms? I patched them with Sky3DSTool v1.0.6 and then modified the template file. As far as I know, I did nothing wrong.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would keep them how they are yes. I have to wonder in this case what the point even is?

I know for GW it keeps your SD clean since there are not 500 saves on the sd card but in this case I'm not sure what you would gain.

RoDryBones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Welp, I thought that in order to play roms in Sky3DS, they had to be patched. It seems it is no longer necessary and I'm a little outdated.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, I thought that in order to play roms in Sky3DS, they had to be patched. It seems it is no longer necessary and I'm a little outdated.

Changing them to No was the best way to get more than ten games on the red button card. This is not required after the 1.5 diskwriter update. Also it was never needed with the blue button card.

Reactions: RoDryBones

RoDryBones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Changing them to No was the best way to get more than ten games on the red button card. This is not required after the 1.5 diskwriter update. Also it was never needed with the blue button card.
That was pretty informative and straight foward, but it seems that I'll have to finish Layton vs Wright the way I have now because I got like 15 hours played :P
I cleaned the contacts of everything and now all works fine apparently.
Thank you so much.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have never tried to transfer game saves but since you are going SKY to SKY it may be possible.

You could try the save transfer tool in the diskwriter itself. I would get a new sd card write the games to it and try to copy the saves from the old sd card to the new one. If it does not work you do not lose anything.

RoDryBones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Ok now I got a huge problem:

I've flashed a few games like EEPROM YES roms (Epic Mickey, Majora's Mask, Layton Miracle Mask) and they don't save. They play fine but don't freaking save.
I played them all to see if there was a problem but everything seems to be OK, now in the morning I went to play some and every save files were gone.

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok now I got a huge problem:

I've flashed a few games like EEPROM YES roms (Epic Mickey, Majora's Mask, Layton Miracle Mask) and they don't save. They play fine but don't freaking save.
I played them all to see if there was a problem but everything seems to be OK, now in the morning I went to play some and every save files were gone.

After you save ingame do you press the blue button to move to another game? - Reason I say this is so that the save is transfered to the micro SD card correctly

RoDryBones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
After you save ingame do you press the blue button to move to another game? - Reason I say this is so that the save is transfered to the micro SD card correctly
I have the red button cart, so to play the game I must press the red button for like 5 seconds or so and the light keeps blinking and I can't change the game unless I re-insert it.

RoDryBones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I think I got what produces the problem. If I play a game and save, then no problem. If I play another game and save, the first one loses its save: Played Epic Mickey and save, then I re-inserted the cart and the save was there. Next I played Layton and saved fine, so I checked Mickey save and was gone. Finally I checked the Layton save and was gone again (Because of the Mickey game saving)

What can I do in this situation?

RoDryBones

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I re-use this thread to post a problem I'm having right now.

Codename STEAM and Fantasy Life (The only 2 games on my uSD) are experiencing some loading screens that remain forever. It's not a sudden crash, but it is random. I must say that before writting the games, the uSD was formatted using the Panasonic SD Formatter.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you getting any errors when writing the games to the sd card? If you write 5 games to the card close the disk writer tool and then open it again are all of the games there? Is the amount of free space accurate when looked at in the disk writer tool?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.