yonosoyyosinotu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hi!

I just recently bought a Sky3DS for my 3DS.

I followed the guide posted on their site and added some games to a miroSD ard using the diskwritter.

I first started playing "Animal rossing: New Leaf", sine it was the first game on screen. I spent a few hours on that, just trying it out.

Then I went to try other games, but they wouldn't work. They would appear normally on the home screen, but when I opened them, as soon as they started reatin SD card files they would crash and I would get a black sreen with the message:
" An error has occured. Holdthe power button toturn off the console.Then turn it on and try again".
(Something like that).

After I turn the console on again, the crashed game wont appear in the home screeen, there will only be a blank space in the game. It happens with most games, but for some it happens immediately (Cooking Mama 5, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Persona Q, and some others) and for other games, I'm able to play normally and then when I try to save, the game crashes (Virtue's Last Reward only, so far)
Now, this problem has no explanation to me, since I can play other games, such as Animal Crossing, Tomodachi life, Fantasy Life and Majora's Mask (so far), and I'm able to save normally, and the resume the game from the last save.
More info:
I have a private header that I obtained dumping my own copy of Pokemon Omega Ruby (using a friend's console)
I patched every ROM with it at first, using the no ban no sky patcher, and wrote the games to a 16GB Kingston microSD (class 4) some games crashed, some didn't (it's always the same ones that won't work).
Then I tried using the public headers from the template, didn't touch the headers at all (having redownload the template), and in the same microSD, nothing, the same games crashed.
Then I tried again, two times, with my private header and then without it, but now in a Sandisk 16GB microSD (class 4), nothing, games keep crashing.
And then again, another time with my private header and then without it, but now in a 64GB Sandisk microSD Ultra (class 10), but then again, same results.
Then, I redownloaded said ROM from another source, briefly repeated all the thing again, and still nothing.
I have the latest firmware (9.5.0-22U), And I made sure to download USA ROMs, and I believe that if they weren't, they wouldn't even apear in my games at all, right?
Does anyone know anything about this? Any info is very welcomed.
I did send a inquiry email to the sky3DS team, but it seems they don't work on weekends.
Now, having kind of given up on the other game for now, I kept on playing Animal Crossing for a while. Since it worked just fine with my private header, I just went with it. But when I tried going to other villages through internet, I got this:
"Error Code: 002-0123

You cannot use online services with this Game Card.

For help, visit support.nintendo.com"
Now, for this thing I don't really want to try with the normal template thing, with all the bans and stuff, so, doesanyone also know about this error?
I'm kind of regretting now having bought this flashcart, but I couldn't even think ofthe gateway,since I had the latest firmware, and I hadn't even heard of flash carts when I was on 9.2 :(
Sorry for the kind of long post.
Any kind of help is very apreciated!

mrolive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi!

I just recently bought a Sky3DS for my 3DS.

I followed the guide posted on their site and added some games to a miroSD ard using the diskwritter.

I first started playing "Animal rossing: New Leaf", sine it was the first game on screen. I spent a few hours on that, just trying it out.

Then I went to try other games, but they wouldn't work. They would appear normally on the home screen, but when I opened them, as soon as they started reatin SD card files they would crash and I would get a black sreen with the message:
" An error has occured. Holdthe power button toturn off the console.Then turn it on and try again".
(Something like that).

After I turn the console on again, the crashed game wont appear in the home screeen, there will only be a blank space in the game. It happens with most games, but for some it happens immediately (Cooking Mama 5, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Persona Q, and some others) and for other games, I'm able to play normally and then when I try to save, the game crashes (Virtue's Last Reward only, so far)
Now, this problem has no explanation to me, since I can play other games, such as Animal Crossing, Tomodachi life, Fantasy Life and Majora's Mask (so far), and I'm able to save normally, and the resume the game from the last save.
More info:
I have a private header that I obtained dumping my own copy of Pokemon Omega Ruby (using a friend's console)
I patched every ROM with it at first, using the no ban no sky patcher, and wrote the games to a 16GB Kingston microSD (class 4) some games crashed, some didn't (it's always the same ones that won't work).
Then I tried using the public headers from the template, didn't touch the headers at all (having redownload the template), and in the same microSD, nothing, the same games crashed.
Then I tried again, two times, with my private header and then without it, but now in a Sandisk 16GB microSD (class 4), nothing, games keep crashing.
And then again, another time with my private header and then without it, but now in a 64GB Sandisk microSD Ultra (class 10), but then again, same results.
Then, I redownloaded said ROM from another source, briefly repeated all the thing again, and still nothing.
I have the latest firmware (9.5.0-22U), And I made sure to download USA ROMs, and I believe that if they weren't, they wouldn't even apear in my games at all, right?
Does anyone know anything about this? Any info is very welcomed.
I did send a inquiry email to the sky3DS team, but it seems they don't work on weekends.
Now, having kind of given up on the other game for now, I kept on playing Animal Crossing for a while. Since it worked just fine with my private header, I just went with it. But when I tried going to other villages through internet, I got this:
"Error Code: 002-0123

You cannot use online services with this Game Card.

For help, visit support.nintendo.com"
Now, for this thing I don't really want to try with the normal template thing, with all the bans and stuff, so, doesanyone also know about this error?
I'm kind of regretting now having bought this flashcart, but I couldn't even think ofthe gateway,since I had the latest firmware, and I hadn't even heard of flash carts when I was on 9.2 :(
Sorry for the kind of long post.
Any kind of help is very apreciated!
Have you tried running roms without patching them first? Just keep your wifi disabled.

TehLexinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try another SD card first. A friend had a similar problem. He had a cheap Walmart bought PNY card and we couldn't get his Sky working. As soon as he got a Kingston, no issues.

yonosoyyosinotu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hate to say it but you could have a defective card.

Really? but that seems unlikely. I got it from an official reseller, and if it was, then why would some games work and other won't? and it doesn't seem to be based on anything really, since I can play Majora's Mask and not Cooking Mama (I mean, graphics and resource consumption)
Well... Of course I'm hoping for the best here...

yonosoyyosinotu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Try another SD card first.
I did! but It didn't really work, also, how should I choose another card? I think I've read thatsome cards are better than others, but Idon't really know why, and since these cards were the ones I had in hand, I'd really rather not buyanother one haha

RoDryBones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
What do you mean?
I've used them before for music storage in smartphones, and they worked everytime.

That doesn't mean it will work with the Sky3DS. The brand is really important in my experience.

You should stick to Sandisk or Kingston (And make sure they are genuine)

EDIT: Also, I kinda had the same problem with a few games (KH 3D and Yoshi's NI) and that was because when I patched them to EEPROM NO the Sky3DSTool that I was using, it didn't work right. Downloading it again was the best solution.

However, other games like Project X Zone or Luigi's Mansion 2, at certain points, the game crashed and threw at me the same message that you posted (an error, etc., etc.) but I think it was because the bad rom patching. Sadly I did not tried another roms because I was really frustrated due to losing my progress in Luigi's Mansion (Didn't care about PXZ, it's awful)

My microSD is a Kingston class 10 16gb UHS.

Hope something in this post helps you.

Reactions: thaikhoa

TehLexinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did! but It didn't really work, also, how should I choose another card? I think I've read thatsome cards are better than others, but Idon't really know why, and since these cards were the ones I had in hand, I'd really rather not buyanother one haha

Branded cards like Kingston and Sandisk are better than generic ones (no name) or cheapies like PNY.
Also the class (speed) of the card matters. Generally shoot for 6 or 10 for flashcarts.

The PNY he had was class 4. His new Kingston is class 6.

Also try a different ROM of the same game you are using (from a different source).

If all else fails, ask for a new Sky.

Reactions: thaikhoa

MidLevelCrisis

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i had the same problem, and it is the micro sd, in particular the read/write speed. A normal class 10 might still be too slow. Brand itself doesn't matter, as long as it functions, dont look at the class number, but look up its actual read write speeds.
I bought a sandisc Extreme pro 32G. reads up to 60/mbs and writes up to 40/mbs. Never had a problem since then. The problems you are experiencing are most likely the sd card not reading as fast as a real 3ds cartridge.

Dont worry, your other SD cards probably function fine for other use.

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had the same problem, and it is the micro sd, in particular the read/write speed. A normal class 10 might still be too slow. Brand itself doesn't matter, as long as it functions, dont look at the class number, but look up its actual read write speeds.
I bought a sandisc Extreme pro 32G. reads up to 60/mbs and writes up to 40/mbs. Never had a problem since then. The problems you are experiencing are most likely the sd card not reading as fast as a real 3ds cartridge.

Dont worry, your other SD cards probably function fine for other use.

This. Although I bought a 16Gb card, as I didn't want to cycle through that many roms at a time. Here is the card that I bought, it works great:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M55BX3G/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

TehLexinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: joeh1974

RoDryBones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Sorry to intrude, but I want to ask what do you think about this card. It's a really good price but it has only 8gb (nothing too bad considering that I usually play 2 or 3 games at the time). The specs are these:
  • Brand: Sandisk
  • Format: microSDHC
  • Capacity: 8 GB
  • Reading speed: Up to 95 MB/s*
  • Writting speed: Up to 90 MB/s *
  • Class 10

TehLexinator

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to intrude, but I want to ask what do you think about this card. It's a really good price but it has only 8gb (nothing too bad considering that I usually play 2 or 3 games at the time). The specs are these:
  • Brand: Sandisk
  • Format: microSDHC
  • Capacity: 8 GB
  • Reading speed: Up to 95 MB/s*
  • Writting speed: Up to 90 MB/s *
  • Class 10

More than good enough for Sky.
Though the lack of space may bite you later.

Reactions: RoDryBones

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s