Hacking Sky3ds Diskwriter problem

Sangaera

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, first time poster here but I occasionally read things on these forums. I come to you today with a problem.

I am having problems using the Diskwriter.exe for the Sky3DS. I have tried both DiskwriterV105 and Diskwriter V106. I did download the most recent template update, template2016.txt.

I bought a brand new micro SD card with 32 GB storage. I placed it in the SD card reader on my laptop. I checked and made sure that, since it was brand new, that the storage was at full capacity. It was.

I launched the Diskwriter.exe file (using Run as Administrator), and it opened. I selected the appropriate disk drive and confirmed the prompts saying that I needed to format the SD card Here's the problem. Both before and after selecting 'File -> Format', the bar at the bottom says that my SD card has "Total free is -24 Mb (Largest free block is 0 Mb". So naturally, after formatting my SD card and selecting the template, when I go to Write games to the SD card, it says it doesn't have any free space. I've watched videos and read guides from other people online, and they didn't have this problem; they always had the amount of storage their SD card came with.

I checked the SD card afterwards and found that it had the setup.exe file in it (and from what I've read, that's normal). But it apparently was down to 512 Kb in storage with no free space.

I'd like to know how to fix this problem. The Sky3DS card was not inexpensive and I really want this to work.

Ceph

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had the same problem. Are you using a MicroSD to SD adapter? That was the problem for me, I got myself a card reader and it worked fine on that.

Tomsquik Chill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
avoid a build in sdcard reader slot on laptop. I have this symptom before, use usb card reader and beautifully working since then.

Sangaera

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Went out and bought a micro-SD to USB adapter, and it works perfectly! Thanks!

Though I am now curious as to why SD adapter is a no-no for the DiskWriter and why the issue was never addressed in any guide/tutorial (that I've seen)?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte