Sky3ds Diskwriter issues

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by FlclAdam12, Jan 1, 2015.

1. FlclAdam12
    OP

FlclAdam12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2015
    United States
    Hello,
    whenever I use diskwriter v1.05 it says my microSD card has "-24mb" of space.
    I have tried several different sd cards and about 4 different computers and all of them tell me the same thing.
    The first card I used was a Toshiba 16gb and then another Toshiba 16gb and I just bought another one which is a sandisk 16gb microSD card. I have tried formatting and reformatting with different software and I have tried all versions of diskwriter but I continue to get the same problem. The cards are not fake, I have bought all of them at retail stores. I don't know what the issue can be. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you.

2. dukeofhentai

dukeofhentai Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2014
    United States
    Cali
    You got to format the sd card with the diskwriter.

3. FlclAdam12
    OP

FlclAdam12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2015
    United States
    Yes I know, I have done that.

4. Multiboy2k

Multiboy2k GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas
    Make sure the Diskwriter is set for compatibility with Administrator Mode with your computer. This seems to solve some problems.

5. FlclAdam12
    OP

FlclAdam12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 1, 2015
    United States
    Thank you for the help guys.
    I have figured out the issue. It seems that it was caused by using a microSD to SD adapter that sometimes comes with the microSD cards. I put the microSD card into a usb adapter and diskwriter is picking it up fine now. Hope this helps.

6. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Vanuatu
    bad micro sd cards and adaptors can really send you around in circles trying to figure out why your cart aint working.

7. galaxykidgamma

galaxykidgamma GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2006
    United States
    Richmond
    I had the same issue. My computer has a built in SD reader, so I tried plugging the MicroSD into the SD adapter, which then went into the laptop's integrated card reader. Exact same problem as op.

Went out and bought a Vivitar SD to USB adapter and it solved the problem.