Sky3ds and pokebank

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by wendeng, Jun 10, 2015.

1. wendeng
    OP

wendeng Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2010
    United States
    turtle land
    If I get pokebank would i be able to use it since you cant go online with sky3ds i was wondering if i could transfer pokemon from pokemon ü rom to pokebank, but does it require online or no?
    Thanks

2. kurodax

kurodax GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2015
    what if i told you

Sky3ds can go online

3. wendeng
    OP

wendeng Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2010
    United States
    turtle land
    But I will be banned?? Do u need go online to use pokebank if I'm using pokemon y rom

4. kurodax

kurodax GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2015
    try to search private header. Even gateway will be banned if you don't use private header for .3ds game

wendeng likes this.
  5. wendeng
    OP

wendeng Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2010
    United States
    turtle land
    How i get one if i have sky3ds

6. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    You'll need to either be on 9.2 or lower FW (in which case you likely wouldn't have a Sky3ds) - Get Powersaves adapter (Pretty sure you can rip a header with that) - Buy a ripped header off someone (Best to have the cart shipped to you too) - or know someone with 9.2 or lower FW / Gateway to rip the header off one of your retail carts.

*You can use an offline games header for all your online games*

wendeng likes this.
  7. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    @wendeng NEVER buy a header from someone buy a cheap 5$ bin game and rip the header yourself using powersaves and following this tutorial https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-get-your-private-header-using-powersaves.385511/ . Also im not sure bank will work with a sky3ds card at all, if someone with more posts and speaks complete english to confirm this that would be nice.

wendeng likes this.
  8. usernametaken

May 13, 2015
    United States
    So long as he buys Pokebank from the eshop & has a private header to go with his game (to prevent a temp-ban) of course it'd work.

No need to say NEVER buy a header from someone, there are a number of trusted people on this forum & others that will buy those $5 bin games and sell the header for as much as a courtesy to others. It's just an option for those who wouldn't want to buy a powersaves adapter or know anyone with a gateway / proper fw 3ds.

wendeng likes this.
  9. wendeng
    OP

wendeng Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2010
    United States
    turtle land
    I own like 3 cartridge games
    Would any of therm work to get the header and is this powersaves http://www.amazon.com/Action-Replay-PowerSaves-Pro-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B00IVJ1M7M

10. Xenon Hacks

Xenon Hacks GBAtemp Guru

Nov 13, 2014
    United States
    Yes you can use any header as long it for a game you own and will never sell to anyone or let someone use it. Or you can find someone trusted that can rip one for you like @usernametaken suggested but this is something I would never do as you cant really trust anyone completely online.

wendeng likes this.
  11. wendeng
    OP

wendeng Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2010
    United States
    turtle land
    So i buy the powersaves and I get header from the cartridge so I can use the header from the cartridge for just 1 rom or all the roms i play

12. usernametaken

May 13, 2015
    United States
    You can use 1 header from a retail cart to play any of your online .3ds games. As long as there is no duplicate of your header online while you are, then you should be safe.

wendeng likes this.