Skip wad manager somehow?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by TheBuzzer, Mar 28, 2009.

Mar 28, 2009

Skip wad manager somehow? by TheBuzzer at 5:35 AM (515 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. TheBuzzer
    OP

Newcomer TheBuzzer Advanced Member

United States
    I am wondering now that vc games can be put on sd card, is there a way to skip installing the game first onto the wii using wad manager than moving it onto the sd card?

Maybe there isnt such a program yet but I am thinking maybe someone will figure out how to make hd to sd without wad manager now that there is sd channels

2. joda

Member joda GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Rumor has it Waninkoko's working on an update to Wad Manager installing directly to SD, like the Shop Channel ...

You would basically install from SD -> SD =), but still it would take out the tedious step of exiting Wad Manager and copy stuff over to SD when you start to run out of blocks.

3. TheBuzzer
    OP

Newcomer TheBuzzer Advanced Member

United States
    But that doesnt skip wad manager. would be cool if it i can just run a program on my pc and it will write the wad as a special way into the sd card

4. joda

Member joda GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    You still need a ticket for each title to be able to copy it, and it's saves, from SD to your Wii (this includes the new "play-directly-from-SD-thingie"). This is also why you have to have played Zelda to be able to install the Twilight Hack.

To get a ticket into your system, you have to either buy the title from Nintendo Shop, or install a homemade one through cIOS with Wad Manager. There is no way of copying stuff to your Wii without tickets available without running a third party program on your Wii; so you might as well stick to Wad Manager.