Hacking Sizes vary on disc using WFBS

ape_ck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I'm a noob to modding wii but I have successfully been able to softmod my wii and load games from my USB hdd - only thing that I wanted was to play my games because my DVD drive is kaput.

When I load the games I've ripped from my WII collection to the HDD I get vast differences in size of ISO and size on disk, anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Like a good boy, I have searched the internets and forum and have not been able to yield any answers. Please help.
unsure.gif

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
The sizes on WBFS are diffrent because they removed the padding data from the iso. In other words a game might not contain enough data to fill the entire DVD, so they fill the empty data with a dummy file. When you rip the games to WBFS the manager your using is removing that dummy data to reduce the size on disk. When you extract the iso onto ur PC with WBFS manager it will re-fill the padding data to the proper iso size.

This is the same concept as with trimming DS roms.

ape_ck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crass said:
The sizes on WBFS are diffrent because they removed the padding data from the iso. In other words a game might not contain enough data to fill the entire DVD, so they fill the empty data with a dummy file. When you rip the games to WBFS the manager your using is removing that dummy data to reduce the size on disk. When you extract the iso onto ur PC with WBFS manager it will re-fill the padding data to the proper iso size.

This is the same concept as with trimming DS roms.

Makes sense, but i'm showing drastic size differences - like 80% less - I doubt Super Mario Bros Wii is only 397MB. Is it? Either way, when I load them with USB loader i get an error 503 insert disc.

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah NSMB Wii is only 400mb (The graphics are so simple, there isn't really any need for the game to take up a lot of space anyways) some games are even smaller. Super Fruit Fall is only like 30mb if I remember correctly.

Anyways I don't know what the 503 errors are, you might have to patch the NSMB Wii ISO itself (Google it) or just update your usb loader. Grab the latest version of GX or Cfg loader, and make sure your using CIOS38 rev14 or newer.

ape_ck

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
You can find the sizes for a lot of games in the wiki
smile.gif

Awesome! Thank you for pointing me there.

Seems like I should try using USB loader GX, I dont really like the one I'm using now.

Thanks guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative