Single player vs Online

Do prefer games with single player or multiplayer?

• Total voters

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there, I'm making a quick poll to see what others think.

Would you buy a game with only single player? Or do you prefer the game to have an online system for replay value?

I'm thinking about buying Fire Emblem: Awakening. But it doesn't have online play, so it'll probably collect dust after I finish it. But games like MK7 have online play, so I play it even after finishing the cups.

I'm asking about pure replay value and post-gameplay content.
Well Fire Emblem has DLC which adds to replay value.

Anyways, I prefer a single player experience far more. Imo, it's vastly superior. You're sucked into the games world, you feel like you're the character, you're not dealing with annoying people who ruin the experience for you saying the dumbest things, asking the dumbest questions.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there, I'm making a quick poll to see what others think.

Would you buy a game with only single player? Or do you prefer the game to have an online system for replay value?

I'm thinking about buying Fire Emblem: Awakening. But it doesn't have online play, so it'll probably collect dust after I finish it. But games like MK7 have online play, so I play it even after finishing the cups.

I'm asking about pure replay value and post-gameplay content.
don´t worry.
there´s a ton of DLC for FE:A and you can just play the game again with different: characters,conversations,difficulty and relationships.

Reactions: mrtofu

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alright, after much thinking I've decided to order FE:A. I hope it'll last me until Pokemon X.
I hope they bring the GBA FEs to VC too, since I still haven't finished those.
There's a lot of DLC for Fire Emblem. I can't say it will last you that long, unless you're a die hard fire emblem awakening fan. You should also check out Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate on the 3DS as well, as that will give you at least 100 hours.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As much as I love my MMOs and other online games, my favorites are still all single player ones. I don't need a game to have some shitty multiplayer mode tacked on just to tack on 'infinite re playability'. As long as the game feels like it's worth its value.
Overall i'd say the quality and feel of singleplayer games is vastly superior, and always much more immersive.

Reactions: Depravo

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've always been a campaign guy. Personally, I prefer local co-op, but if I had to choose between online multiplayer and single player campaign, I'll choose single-player campaign every time.

AaronZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Until Unreal Tournament 99 I played single player games only and IMO those were the best times, when games actually focused on having solid gameplay or an epic story, not a rushed ~6 hour single player mode with 90% of the games focus on the multiplayer aspect. Sometimes I wish online gaming had stayed PC exclusive.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I prefer to play my games single-player or offline multiplayer. Honestly I've never been a big fan of online multiplayer and find way too many games nowadays abuse it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ok see ya