Single Orange Blink Issue? (Mobo Swapping)

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Startropic1, May 17, 2017.

1. Startropic1
    OP

Startropic1 GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2013
    United States
    C-Island
    I have a Vita 1101 (og 3g model) and I changed the motherboard to get down to FW 3.60. However, after I put everything back together it won't turn on. The home button doesn't even glow orange consistently when I plug in the charger. If I plug into a USB 3.0 or charge on the wall, there's no orange glow. However, if I hold the power button it blinks orange once, then shuts off.

I suppose the battery could have lost its charge from being disconnected. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm leaving the charger plugged in for a bit, but no solid orange so I'm not so sure it's charging.

The old mobo was running FW 3.65, (newest because I needed to access PSN to download all my digital games.) Does this have anything to do with anything?

2. Startropic1
    OP

Startropic1 GBAtemp Regular

May 1, 2013
    United States
    C-Island
    I figured out the problem. Just in case anyone else ever encounters this:
    I popped the Vita open again and found a couple issues, both related to the battery, or rather the wire(s) connected to it:
    1. Apparently the connection to the board is a bit loose, (nothing is damaged, just not the tightest fit in the world anymore.) So I have to make sure it's in there snug. It's working now, but if any future issues arise I will solve it once and for all with some electrical tape. B-)
    2. So there are three wires that run through the connector tab for the battery. One of these 3 wires some how got pushed back into the connector, thus only 2 of those wire pins were actually connecting with the board. I just had to realign the one loose-ish wire so that all 3 pin tips were properly lined up again and all was good. B-)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice