Hacking Single card multiplayer doesn't work?

Heran Bago

Where do puyo come from?
Trophies
Website
heranbago.com
XP
Country
United States
Trying to send a game from a flashed DS/flash card to a retail DS ought to be pretty much the same as trying to run a flash cartridge without a passcard. The DS should refuse to run it. Those few games that do work probably send themselves in a different way from the rest.
No. There's a huge different between NDS's wifi multiboot and running a flash card. From a echnical point of veiw, the data sent via wifi should always be the same.

The only potential problem I can imagine is synching; like if the game is running laggy on a backup utility.

F34R

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had posted a question about this before seeing this section. If anyone reads it, it shows that these games I tested had different results:

Tetris DS: works
NSMB: didnt work
Brain Age: works
Big Brain Acad: didnt work
Magnetika: works
Mario Kart DS: didnt work

This was done with one dsl using supercard sd + superkey and the other dsl stock out of the box.

BluepointVance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had posted a question about this before seeing this section. If anyone reads it, it shows that these games I tested had different results:

Tetris DS: works
NSMB: didnt work
Big Brain Acad: didnt work
Magnetika: works
Mario Kart DS: didnt work

This was done with one dsl using supercard sd + superkey and the other dsl stock out of the box.

I have two DSLs both unflashed. One with a MML and A M3 mini-sd. Tried Download play to the stock DSL with the following games:

Magnetika: Didn't work
Bomberman (us): Didn't work.
True swing golf: Didn't work.
Puyo Pop: Didn't work.

All of these were No trim, Software reset, 4x...

TheStump

Got Wood?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i had same probs with this with a Flashed PhatDS and Stock DSlite, but then i Flashed my lite and all is well, seem every games works fine sigle cart play.

XeNoGeaR

Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
when i flashed my ds lite...i will confirm if NSMB works...Becasue it is now unworked.so we can see if the flashing state make some differences and i test some others as well.

Mebe we can create a big list all together wich one works and what dont work.

Flashed + Flashed
Flashed + Unflashed
Unflashed + Unflashed (With passcards ofcourse)

Greetz

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tested also several games... i have a flashed nds with a supercard and my friend has a dsl unflashed:

Tetris DS: didn't work
Top Gun: works
NSMB: didn't work
MKDS: didn't work

I guess the main problem is that the other ds has to be flashed.

Operator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know this is an old post but I was wondering if anyone tried putting a Passme3 card into the unflashed DS that was receiving the downloaded content/games from the DS using the M3 adapter? Does anyone think that would work or no?

Dwaalspoor98

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've had two Phat DS'es flashed in the past multiplayer (single cart) wasn't an issue.

Than I sold one phat DS and bought a DS Lite and I realized single cart multiplayer games didn't work (with the unflashed DS Lite as client). BTW: The only game i've tested is Tetris.

Since I'm gonna sell the other Phat DS and I'm gonna buy a pink DS Lite when it's released this month in the Netherlands I'm worrying that single cart multiplay won'twork again.

I don't want to flash my DS Lites because I don't like to flash stuff when I can't bring it back to the original state.

So my questions are:

Does anybody have experience with single cart multiplayer games with the following setup:
- DS Lite (Unflashed) (Host)
- DS Lite (Unflashed) (Client)
- Passcard 3
- G6 Lite

I think most games won't work with the above setup. Or does it work with Passme 3 in the host DS (instead of FlashMe) and an unflashed client DS?

Does there exist a passme device wich boots in the original boot menu. Does somebody knows *cough* a neoflash MK4 passme device can do this?

If it does I think the single cart multiplayer games will work because you skip the RSA checks :s ... (if you put that passme device in the client DS)

Operator

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok so i flashed my old ds and tried download play (lite w/ passme+m3 vs old ds w/ flashme)
i got metroid to work
but the old ds still locks up on [0559 - Mario Hoops 3-on-3 (U)] and [0580 - 42 All-Time Classics (E)] ... whats up with that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof