Hacking Single card multiplayer doesn't work?

Malboro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
My brother and I tried running a Metroid prime hunters off of the m3, and we tried doing single card multiplayer, but it dosen't work. How can i get it work? We have one flashed ds (not any flash cart) and flashed ds lite with m3 mini sd.

thelemmings

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Does single cart multi player work with any other games? I have also seen several games that don't work (like Big Brain Academy) in single cart mp, although some other games do. So I guess it depends on the game (also tested with an M3) more than the DSes.

XxMxVxPxX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i herd a rumour that no games worked. but then some people said it did. but the person had a flashed ds. and the people who said it worked were using a passme. so im assuming that it wont work with anygame.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Single card multiplayer works off a cart only if the other DSes are flashed i believe. this is just what i know from reading around, i could be wrong.

meangreenie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
He said both Ds's are flashed.

I heard someone mention that with some games 'download n play' doesn't work if the rom has been trimmed. i don't know how true that is, but it maybe worth trying.

XeNoGeaR

Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmm interesting topic......what about other flashcards like EZ4... wont download play work at that one as well im gonna try tonight with a passme and ez2powerstar normal ds and a normal ds to download play.....ill try it with new mario bros..i will confirm later on in this topic.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the whole "both ds's need to be flashed" is wrong as i have jump superstars on my ez2 (my ds is flashed) but my friends arent into this sorta thing and have the stock ds firmware, and single cart mp worked with jump superstars..i think it just depends on rom compatability, something more releases/updates will prob fix.

XeNoGeaR

Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ic so it doenst matter wether it is flashed or not i guess ???

But i readed somewhere a flashed ds can read rom encrypthons etc....>But thats just bullshit then ? Mebe Other cards then M3 dont have that problem cause the m3 plays the exactly same rom file and when you write it to ez......it works on another way .

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah all the ds's looking to play in single cart mp definitely dont have to be flashed...cuz ive done it b4..i really think it just has to do with the rom compatability -- which gets tweaked every time there is a software update for w/e flash cart u are using.

teH XeRO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol but i have done it in person...how much more careful can i be...my friends dont plan on and never have flashed their ds...only mine was...and we've played single cart mp off of my ez2

XeNoGeaR

Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ive tried Tetris DS tonight ...... old ds ( flashed) booted Tetris DS up.. and then on my ndsl (Unflashed) i tried to reciece and it worked very well.
Then i tried NSMB and that crashed after loading.

NSMB: Doesnt work
Tetris DS : works

So it depends on the rom i guess....
Suggestion is Just take 2 flash cards and all the problems are over ^^ .

XeNoGeaR

Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah it just depends on the game....it doenst matter if it is flashed or not..i think the problem with that is solved now..so just get 2 ez4 and same game and it should be all fine...

OBJECTION!

CASE CLOSED
tongue.gif

wabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I flashed 9 DS, all phat, 7 with the lauch firmware , the other 2 required passkey2. All those DS's were from friend of mine so i did test multiple possibilities. All test were made with M3 CF.

-Download play never worked for me when the received DS was unflashed.
-Download play always worked for me when the receiving DS was flashed.
(exception, edit: big brain academy)
That's it folks.

As for Multiple cards game. Always worked, even with player with unflashed firmware and retail cart.

HeinzHarald

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trying to send a game from a flashed DS/flash card to a retail DS ought to be pretty much the same as trying to run a flash cartridge without a passcard. The DS should refuse to run it. Those few games that do work probably send themselves in a different way from the rest.

XeNoGeaR

Trophies
Website
www.topgames.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
hmmm tetris ds downlaod play works for me on unflashed ds and some other games as well...I still think its the rom......but flashed nds system can detect even more...so its always about testing stuff anyway it doenst matter..
smile.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    about 120GB left on the internal SSD
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    and just installed a 512GB SSD with nothing on it yet
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    So in other words only 4 games got installed
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    lol
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    PS5 games are actually considerably smaller than PS4 games
    +1
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    better compression/optimization i guess
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    But it only has like 4 games :tpi:
    Gift
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    what is something you can say about console homebrew but also in the bedroom
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Time to transfer files
    Gift
    "it was so hard the first time"
    +1
    Gift
    "Time to transfer files" bro having sex with robots
    +1
    Gift
    honestly knowing ken that isn't that unbelievable
    +1
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    arent many ps5 exclusives it's true, but there are a whole lot of ps4 games that got ps5 upgrades
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    and those have to be stored on one of the SSDs
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    "time to smash the stack"
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Uremum does like to call me dadbot
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Nothing beats a midnight shower
    Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    I'd say there would be more PS5 exclusives...if people could actually buy PS5s.
    Gift
  • Gift
  • AkiraKurusu @ AkiraKurusu:
    I mean, if no-one can buy a PS5, and thus is stuck with PS4 (Pros), then companies would still see some profit from developing PS4 games with PS5 upgrades; meanwhile, if they developed a PS5 game, then everyone who can't get that console won't buy that game, especially at launch.
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Nah every console starts early with low libraries
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    well theyre churning them out as fast as they possibly can, not like Xbox or PC are faring much better with the chip shortages
    Gift
  • Xzi @ Xzi:
    and games still take 4-6 years to develop regardless, so its not like sony can conjure up new exclusives out of thin air
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    Makes me wonder what they have now and are actually hiding from the public
    Gift
  • kenenthk @ kenenthk:
    I hope in the next 5 years they can move on to even more realistic skin renders and not just make characters look like Shiney clay molds
    Gift
    kenenthk @ kenenthk: I hope in the next 5 years they can move on to even more realistic skin renders and not just...