ROM Hack since cheating is like hackin on the game...

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to request codes for games that're patched or cracked. If you already have the codes, just change the Game ID according to what the patched/cracked rom has. If you don't have the codes, just go here and look in the forum.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Edit: It seems I am way to slow today. I will leave the post though.

A well patched/hacked game will in all probability not touch the memory locations for lives/amount of ammo and whatnot or pretty much anything a cheat would touch (it would probably be a nightmare to put right if it did)- existing cheats should work fine.

Where the trouble might come in is the tool that is used to rebuild the rom after patching/hacking/cracking it would change the header a little bit and so mess with the game detection methods of some cheat engines.

Easy way is to get a cheat making tool like R4CCE or something and change the relevant data in the cheat to that of your hacked rom's.
If you are feeling really bored there is next to no reason for the header to change when hacking a rom (just the ndstool and many other rebuilders will end up changing it)- note I am not quite sure what is actually used for the ID of a rom as far as cheats are concerned (and especially not with different cheat engines) so this may end up being impossible.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Load up R4CCE.

Load the latest cheat dat for your card ( http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/ )

Find and highlight the title of the game with the codes you need to change the GameID for...

See where it says "GameID" and the 2 boxes with letters and numbers? There is a little box after the GameID with "..." in it. Hit that button and point to the patched ROM from which you need to know the GameID....it will automatically place the proper GameID in the two boxes of letters and numbers.

Save the cheat file (be sure to select the correct cheat file type needed for your flashcart in the drop-down box).

Put the created cheat file on the microSD of your flashcart. Cheat your brains out.

Hope that is clear enough for you to do what you need to do.
grog.gif

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
All you have to do is change the game ID, changing the game name won't do anything...well except changing the game name obviously
rofl2.gif

Once you've changed the game ID's of your patched games save your database and give it a whirl.
Hopefully your patched games will now be cheatable again.

xXVisionZXx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh nice ok ima try it now just finished doing that and i also did .cht files manually just in case stupid R4i CHEAT.dat doesnt work on me lol

EDIT: ok cheat.dat didnt wanna work so i sued the .cht file i did manually and it did work!!! but not for mapple sotry DS idk what im doing worng im pretty sure i have the game id right XD any ideas it also has a manually made .cht file

EDIT: ROFL i forgot to change the number of cheat text it was 10 and i cahnged it to 5 and it worked thank you so much for your help guys =D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ StealthD0g99: Ive never done that before