since cheating is like hackin on the game...

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by xXVisionZXx, Jun 19, 2010.

Jun 19, 2010
  1. xXVisionZXx
    OP

Member xXVisionZXx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    were can i request ar codes for patched/ craked games or are both patched and craked?

2. YayMii

Member YayMii hi

Canada
    Umm... use R4CCE to change the ID in your cheat DB?

3. ChaosBoi

Member ChaosBoi Ushiromiya Battler

United States
    You don't need to request codes for games that're patched or cracked. If you already have the codes, just change the Game ID according to what the patched/cracked rom has. If you don't have the codes, just go here and look in the forum.

4. xXVisionZXx
    OP

United States
    changing the agme id in RCCE however oyu spell it xD doesnt work ive tried multiple times >_>

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Edit: It seems I am way to slow today. I will leave the post though.

A well patched/hacked game will in all probability not touch the memory locations for lives/amount of ammo and whatnot or pretty much anything a cheat would touch (it would probably be a nightmare to put right if it did)- existing cheats should work fine.

Where the trouble might come in is the tool that is used to rebuild the rom after patching/hacking/cracking it would change the header a little bit and so mess with the game detection methods of some cheat engines.

Easy way is to get a cheat making tool like R4CCE or something and change the relevant data in the cheat to that of your hacked rom's.
    If you are feeling really bored there is next to no reason for the header to change when hacking a rom (just the ndstool and many other rebuilders will end up changing it)- note I am not quite sure what is actually used for the ID of a rom as far as cheats are concerned (and especially not with different cheat engines) so this may end up being impossible.

6. xXVisionZXx
    OP

United States
    so ur saying that i change the game name cheat file so it looks like the game title and the id too??? XD

7. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Load up R4CCE.

Load the latest cheat dat for your card ( http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/ )

Find and highlight the title of the game with the codes you need to change the GameID for...

See where it says "GameID" and the 2 boxes with letters and numbers? There is a little box after the GameID with "..." in it. Hit that button and point to the patched ROM from which you need to know the GameID....it will automatically place the proper GameID in the two boxes of letters and numbers.

Save the cheat file (be sure to select the correct cheat file type needed for your flashcart in the drop-down box).

Put the created cheat file on the microSD of your flashcart. Cheat your brains out.

Hope that is clear enough for you to do what you need to do. [​IMG]

8. xXVisionZXx
    OP

United States
    yeah its supper clear but ppl had told me it doesnt work but eh ima try it again

9. DarkWay

Member DarkWay tsubasa hiroge

United Kingdom
    All you have to do is change the game ID, changing the game name won't do anything...well except changing the game name obviously [​IMG]
    Once you've changed the game ID's of your patched games save your database and give it a whirl.
    Hopefully your patched games will now be cheatable again.

10. xXVisionZXx
    OP

United States
    ahh nice ok ima try it now just finished doing that and i also did .cht files manually just in case stupid R4i CHEAT.dat doesnt work on me lol

EDIT: ok cheat.dat didnt wanna work so i sued the .cht file i did manually and it did work!!! but not for mapple sotry DS idk what im doing worng im pretty sure i have the game id right XD any ideas it also has a manually made .cht file

EDIT: ROFL i forgot to change the number of cheat text it was 10 and i cahnged it to 5 and it worked thank you so much for your help guys =D