Sims 3

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Inunah, Jul 27, 2010.

Jul 27, 2010

Sims 3 by Inunah at 5:46 AM (806 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Inunah
    OP

Banned Inunah The Female Mistaken for a Male.

United States
    Is there any way to get our FPS to max at more than like 7? We had to use some hack that told Sims 3 we had Pixel Shader 2.0, since we don't have any Pixel Shader, but it's uber slow. It's not unplayable, just uber uber slow...

We've set the resolution to 600x800 and set everything to low and disabled reflections and such... [​IMG] We tried windowed but it makes the fps even worse.

Help? [​IMG]

2. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines

Thats probably the problem.

3. Uzumakijl

Member Uzumakijl GBAtemp Fan

Mexico
    SwiftShader/3danalizer? Or "some kind of hack"? If you are using some random method as you say then try these 2 apps i mentioned but it won't be that better, you just can't emulate Pixel Shader 2.0 and get good results, You're better off playing other game (Sims 2 doesn't needs it AFAIK) or buying a video card.

4. Inunah
    OP

United States
    LOL Yeah SwiftShader. I've got it running at a slightly playable frame rate......

[​IMG]

I DO have Sims 2, but even that has debilitating lag because we have dlc from modthesims.info up the ass and all the expansion packs.

5. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    so your using a hack that enabled pixelshader 2.0 when your card prob can't even support it?
    [​IMG]

6. Inunah
    OP

United States
    That's not my problem. It must be the settings, because right now I can't afford a new graphics card.

7. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    that is your problem
    your using unstable hacks because your using a very low end gfx card/junk integrated gfx to play a new game, and it cant even handle the game / doesnt meet the lowest spec in the requirements

the solution would be to buy a better card
    start saving up

8. myuusmeow

Member myuusmeow GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    This. Get a 9800GT (or a GTS 250 if you can get it for a similar price) for $69.99 and a Corsair 400W PSU for $29.99 (unless the one you already have is good, sounds like you have a manufactured PC so its probably crap) Make sure you have PCI-E x16 slots.

9800GT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...0-323-_-Product or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...5-288-_-Product
    PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...=corsair%20400w

Or if your budget doesn't allow for those, a 9600 series card should be a nice price:Performance card.
    If you have a laptop, get a new one.

9. Uncout

Newcomer Uncout Member

United Kingdom
    Did you check if your pc even meets the minimum required specs for the game? Because if they don't, you're going to need to buy better parts/ brand new computer to get it running well. Sims 3 can be quite a resource hog when you zoom out to view the whole neighbourhood and all.