Hacking Simply can't update to 11.1, always getting an Error Has Occurred.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had this problem yesterday actually. I fixed it by installing the 9.2 version of the NS Module, then installing the 11.1 file over it. I could update fine after that.
Try doing that with the Home Menu or whichever part is stopping you from being able to update.

brkun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this problem yesterday actually. I fixed it by installing the 9.2 version of the NS Module, then installing the 11.1 file over it. I could update fine after that.
Try doing that with the Home Menu or whichever part is stopping you from being able to update.
I already tried to install it, but FBI keep saying that the Title already exists (even when I just uninstalled it). Downloaded it with 3DNus and packed a cia.

I really don't know what to do.

GilgameshArcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I tried that and a lot of games and apps and even my saves from legit games are down. I installed my 9.2 backup... When I saw that I would lose even my saves I gave up and got back to my 11.0 with broken home menu.

There is some way to restore 9.2 with saves and games?

U need JK to backup and restore the saves and games are still there but missing the tickets.

brkun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U need JK to backup and restore the saves and games are still there but missing the tickets.
But even the legit ones?

I got saves from my original digital Smash Bros that said "Unable to load savefile"... :/

Making a ticket backup in my 11.0 and restoring it with Decrypt9 solves the problem?

Inochi.no.Zenmai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried that and a lot of games and apps and even my saves from legit games are down. I installed my 9.2 backup... When I saw that I would lose even my saves I gave up and got back to my 11.0 with broken home menu.

Can't you backup the saves with JKSM? Games can be redownloaded or reinstalled anyways.

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checking back now. You didn't mention which version of DevMenu you were using, if installed or homebrew channel, and if installed, if nand or sd. But I'm glad gylgie stepped in and helped out. Definitely the easiest way! Btw gylgie, I'm still deciding on which sword I want! :P

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

brkun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just checking back now. You didn't mention which version of DevMenu you were using, if installed or homebrew channel, and if installed, if nand or sd. But I'm glad gylgie stepped in and helped out. Definitely the easiest way! Btw gylgie, I'm still deciding on which sword I want! :P
One of the first versions, installed on SD via Cia. [emoji14]
I am glad that everything is fine now.

Reactions: OrGoN3

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Backup your saves first. You can use whatever you want to do it, I personally prefer JKSM.

Edit: Ignore this, somehow I was seeing an old cached page instead of anything recent.

Last edited by LongTimeLurker,

brkun

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone reads back on this, just use the CtrTranser it instead of using a NAND backup
I used it and lost all my games, themes, NNID, everything. Don't know why.
So I went back to 11.0 and did what I said 2 posts ago.

Last edited by brkun,

GilgameshArcher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just choose carefully

Reactions: OrGoN3

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, right. Haha
Just miss one thing: my street pass save.

When I restaured to 9.2 I somehow lost 9 months of progress in my Mii Plaza. Not a big deal but :(

I would've recommended trying the latest devmenu 11.4, and the cia with the word 3d banner and nand in it. But I'm glad you got it working! I don't know which part of the file system your street pass data is in. Sorry. If you made a backup first, ask around. You might be able to get it back. If not, try setting up a Street Pass relay and update the sheet with your info. You'll get passes fast. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Gylgie: I know, I have to choose before the next games, otherwise you might use it.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would've recommended trying the latest devmenu 11.4, and the cia with the word 3d banner and nand in it. But I'm glad you got it working! I don't know which part of the file system your street pass data is in. Sorry. If you made a backup first, ask around. You might be able to get it back. If not, try setting up a Street Pass relay and update the sheet with your info. You'll get passes fast. Thanks for keeping us up to date!

Gylgie: I know, I have to choose before the next games, otherwise you might use it.

streetpass data is stored in extra data which can be dumped in userland. the data is divided up though, so kind of hard to pinpoint the streetpass save file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (not my chat status, my actual forum title, such as "Well-known user")