Not open for further replies.

Sir Eagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
About 18 months ago I used the Simplisticmod Method (described in the topic stickied as Mod ANY Wii or something) to mod my wii. A friend of mine asked me to mod hers for me, however I do no longer have the files and the simplisticmod e-mail adress as well as the website it used to redirect you too have been taken down. IS there anybody who still has the files and would be so kind as to upload them, or has a link from which they can be downloaded? Google yielded no results.

Edit: I don't care which guide you think is better. THe simplisticmod method is one I am familiar with, so that is the method I will use.

Sir Eagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't understand that guide, and I want to use software I'm familiar with. Don't want to brick it.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You pretty much can't brick your Wii with ModMii.
Besides ModMii does everything for you.

You only need to watch the magic happen and press a few buttons.

Sir Eagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Problem is I can't test it on my own Wii since that one is already modded. If it's a method I'm not familiar with I don't want to just try it out.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Problem is I can't test it on my own Wii since that one is already modded. If it's a method I'm not familiar with I don't want to just try it out.
Of course you can test it out on your Wii. You can mod on top of your current one, and it will be better than that crappy "Simplistic Mod" guide.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can update every softmod file with ModMii.
Just tell it your Wii is virgin and it'll reinstall the latest cIOSses over your old cIOSses and the latest IOSses over your normal IOSses.

Chances of bricking your Wii with modmii is nearly 0

And if you're to scared to try it out then don't softmod at all.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm. Seems I have no choice but to just try then. Thanks anyway.
Mod Mii is worth working with. Since my Wii was a launch one and I hadn't updated it in probably a year and a half to 2 years, I used ModMii and some other program that gets a report on your Wii's current status as far as whats installed. ModMii took that report and prepped exactly what I needed and generated a guide to tell me exactly what I need to do.

It's likely improved even more since I last touched it. Totally worth working with to make your life easier.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't even have a Wii, but if I did I'd jump right to ModMii because people seem to respect it, and that's saying something for a forum like this. It takes a lot for a project to gain site-wide respect, and from what I've seen ModMii's really aimed at making things as simple as possible through adapting itself to situations.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
To restate what Rydian said, we don't argue for Modmii just because it's our forum pet, we argue for it because you have to be insanely stupid to brick your Wii with it (e.g. lying to it).

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I don't understand that guide, and I want to use software I'm familiar with. Don't want to brick it.
The ModMii softmod process was originally modelled after the simplistic guide and the complete softmod guide. Then later on when ModMii began picking up more steam, the simplistic guide was modelled after the ModMii guides (that's why me and my program are in the simplistic guide's credits). Long story short, the simplistic guide software you're familiar with is likely to be the same software used by ModMii.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The ModMii softmod process was originally modelled after the simplistic guide and the complete softmod guide. Then later on when ModMii began picking up more steam, the simplistic guide was modelled after the ModMii guides (that's why me and my program are in the simplistic guide's credits). Long story short, the simplistic guide software you're familiar with is likely to be the same software used by ModMii.
Except ModMii has a better cIOS setup. ;)

Reactions: XFlak

Necromancyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok everyone. Give him what he wants....

Simplistic is out of date and unusable at this point so you can't mod your Wii. Sorry.

(Sorry, I NEVER post but I'm having a bad night with everything going on and this kind of assnine behavior just sits poorly with me - esp. when everyones genuinely trying to help the OP)

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And when you brick it, or cannot fix/hack your Wii, because your using
old, out of date, unstable files from simplisticmod, dont post back here
stating you need help.
Your afraid of change....and in this case, change is good.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll just chime in with the choir, in case you're still hesitant for whatever reason: I used ModMii on a Wii the second day I had it. I had never owned a Wii before. I had never modded a Wii before. I was barely familiar with Wii modding terminology, much less the process as a whole. It took me, I don't even remember how long the time it took was so insignificant. The modding process was ridiculously easy with the use of ModMii, and I wasn't even remotely scared that I was going to brick my Wii. Seriously good stuff, whether you consider yourself a beginner or a veteran. It makes the process quick and easy, and I'm not sure that anything better could exist to get the job done as quickly and easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.