Homebrew Discussion Simple ReadOnly Telnet client for the switch.

jfmherokiller

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I have been attempting for the past few hours has been a kind of basic telnet client so users can watch "towel.blinkenlights.nl" on their switch.

In order to avoid reinventing the wheel I attempted to use the telnet source code found here https://l3net.wordpress.com/projects/simpletelnet-project/

My current version of the stelnet.c file can be found in this gist https://gist.github.com/jfmherokiller/53279e9251b5dd0c463ec8028df7192e

Source of animation http://www.asciimation.co.nz/

I believe I made some kind of progress by applying the nxlink example code. however I seem to have hit an issue im not sure how to go about fixing.

The issue seems to be "Select. Error: Socket operation on non-socket".

This error seems to crash the console as well which makes testing it tedious because i must reenter rcmmode on my console every time.

If anyone has any helpful input please respond because my googlefu isnt turning up any reliable results.

~~Update~~

I got it working and the latest version of the code is at the gist link.

~~update~~

included the cmake files i used to compile the code and attached the nro to this post.

I do not have a pretty icon or anything for it since this was meant to be a one off kind of thing to test switch homebrew and my coding skills.

~~update~~
feel free to use this code as a kind of example for working sockets on libnx

~~update~~

File loading portion completed.
now to make use of it put a telnet.conf file in the /switch folder

the format of the file is
Code:
<server hostname here>
<port here>

Attachments

• stelenet.zip
    95.9 KB · Views: 137
  • stelnet_file_load_edition.zip
    108 KB · Views: 172
Last edited by jfmherokiller,

jfmherokiller

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I succeeded in a kind of proof of concept
DjNo7bHXgAEoOY-.jpg

Its slow and doesnt support vt52 codes yet but ill see if i can get that working in the next version of the gist

Reactions: Brawl345

jfmherokiller

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its technically complete now.
Only remaining issue is that im unable to figure out how to handle the vt100 codes the server sends. so you see the escape codes on the screen.

I would kind of like to post the nro for people to play with but im not sure if i can post it here.

But I think ill update the gist to show what i used to compile it so others can possibly do it themeselves.

Last edited by jfmherokiller,

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its technically complete now.
Only remaining issue is that im unable to figure out how to handle the vt100 codes the server sends. so you see the escape codes on the screen.

I would kind of like to post the nro for people to play with but im not sure if i can post it here.

But I think ill update the gist to show what i used to compile it so others can possibly do it themeselves.
you should be able to post as it doesnt contain any copyrighted material. if you report you OP and ask to be a release the mods will fix. Great work btw
It would be cool if you include or link the star wars asci movie

jfmherokiller

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should be able to post as it doesnt contain any copyrighted material. if you report you OP and ask to be a release the mods will fix. Great work btw
It would be cool if you include or link the star wars asci movie
linked in the original post and give me a short while to get the nro and ill also attach it to the main post

Reactions: Type_O_Dev

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf