Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

stebrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Another success story: USA O3DS, 9.9 to 9.2. Got a black screen after SysUpdater's reboot, but I removed my SD card and booted it again, et voila, 9.2! Thanks so much to everyone involved!

Hopefully I'm not knocking on wood... I'm feeling so ecstatic that I can't test anything yet.

I got a US New 3ds XL too. May I ask, is it necessary to remove the 000400102002CA00 title (i suppose this means the relevant cia file)? Insofar I am not aware of the said title cia file in my updates files.

Any reply would be appreciated.

darrin41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its removed for jp version and make sure u use the correct cia in your case its new cia files goodluck

solitonmedic

Double Trouble
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems the the thing involving game-specific updates was a coincidence. In reality, the problem is with newer games (physical and digital). Is there any way to get around this restriction? As far as I know, these system updates are only for "stability".

Get EmuNAND on your 3DS, update it and you'll be set.

stebrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I got two questions when preparing for downgrading my N3DS XL (US) with firmware 9.9.

1. I cannot find the exact MD5 CIA zip files as set out in Post 1 of this thread. The one I downloaded from the "ISO SITE" is with different MD5. Would it matter a lot in downgrading?

2. In that "chaosful site" they recommend us to use "sysUpdater-0.4.2b-libkhax-SAFEMODE-priority". It seems to be different from the one in this tutorial. I am just a bit confusing which one should I choose.

Any reply is appreciated.

asdfghjk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another success story: USA O3DS, 9.9 to 9.2. Got a black screen after SysUpdater's reboot, but I removed my SD card and booted it again, et voila, 9.2! Thanks so much to everyone involved!

Hopefully I'm not knocking on wood... I'm feeling so ecstatic that I can't test anything yet.

Followup: It turns out to be a complete downgrade! I followed the rxTools tutorial and now installing CIAs is no longer a dream!

I got two questions when preparing for downgrading my N3DS XL (US) with firmware 9.9.

1. I cannot find the exact MD5 CIA zip files as set out in Post 1 of this thread. The one I downloaded from the "ISO SITE" is with different MD5. Would it matter a lot in downgrading?

2. In that "chaosful site" they recommend us to use "sysUpdater-0.4.2b-libkhax-SAFEMODE-priority". It seems to be different from the one in this tutorial. I am just a bit confusing which one should I choose.

Any reply is appreciated.

The "ISO SITE" also has MD5 and SHA1 hashes for the zips, so the one you downloaded should at least match them. Otherwise, download SafeSysUpdater from this thread. I used it to verify my zips but not downgrade; for that I used OP's SysUpdater instead, because SafeSysUpdater kept freezing for me during the downgrade (but thankfully before any CIA is installed so I didn't get a partial downgrade).

Keep in mind that I have an Old 3DS. A few things might end up different for you.

stebrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Followup: It turns out to be a complete downgrade! I followed the rxTools tutorial and now installing CIAs is no longer a dream!

The "ISO SITE" also has MD5 and SHA1 hashes for the zips, so the one you downloaded should at least match them. Otherwise, download SafeSysUpdater from this thread. I used it to verify my zips but not downgrade; for that I used OP's SysUpdater instead, because SafeSysUpdater kept freezing for me during the downgrade (but thankfully before any CIA is installed so I didn't get a partial downgrade).

Keep in mind that I have an Old 3DS. A few things might end up different for you.

I really cant find the one with exact MD5 and SHA1 hashes matching with this thread.
Trust me, I checked more than 5 times. Very very strange....

In case you wanna test it out for me, I am using the US N3DS XL version and downloaded "USA : 9.2.0-20U (Full)" from the iso site.

Basically I am stuck here because of the fear about the difference in MD5 hashes...Other than that I could simply proceed to downgrade (which I think is much easier than using the rxtools).

Calling for help :(:wacko:

Last edited by stebrick,

darrin41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u need to make sure u have the new 3ds cia files not old then proceed and u could also use safesysupdater to be certain u have correct cia files

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really cant find the one with exact MD5 and SHA1 hashes matching with this thread.
Trust me, I checked more than 5 times. Very very strange....

In case you wanna test it out for me, I am using the US N3DS XL version and downloaded "USA : 9.2.0-20U (Full)" from the iso site.

Basically I am stuck here because of the fear about the difference in MD5 hashes...Other than that I could simply proceed to downgrade (which I think is much easier than using the rxtools).

Calling for help :(:wacko:
If you just can't get it, you can do what darrin41 recommends and you can do this: download 2-3 copies of the pack and then check their checksums. If they're all the same, go with it.

amayne95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
my MD5 and SHA1 don't match up either, i got

MD5: AAA5960A3061DA1F08D944D8E7017BD6
SHA1: 306D0AA8CD195F9EE4388A9686DB5658A330B59B

this is for 9.2.0-20E

amayne95

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Download the downgrade pack 2-3 times. Then check their checksums. If they all match, use the pack.

downloaded the pack from a couple of different sites and the MD5 and SHA1 matches,

before i start downgrading do i need to be on 10.3.0-28E because im on 10.3.0-27E

stebrick

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS

I JUST GOT SOFT-BRICKED FOR NO REASON.

As i said, I was using 3dsXL US with firmware 9.9 and intended to downgrade to 9.2. I got an unmatched MD5 though.

Before doing anything dangerous, I used safesysupdate to check my "USA : 9.2.0-20U (Full)". It all shows good without problem.

What's next was I couldn't really enter sysupdate for a few times and it keeps showing me black screen. I then kept trying. On few occasions, it showed: " title exception: main.cpp:148 Result: 0xD900182f failed to get CIA file info"

Finally on one try I thought I got it working and it starts to install those cia files (with few installed). BUT SUDDENLY an error occured and it tells me to reboot the device and contact nintendo (something like that).

Then I waited for a moment and restarted my device and it's soft bricked with all black screen. All i can do is to repair it by entering recovery mode and updated it to 10.7 now....

I wonder whether it is advisable for me to proceed to downgrade from 10.7 now....by using ninija cube.

Last edited by stebrick,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GUYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYS

I JUST GOT SOFT-BRICKED FOR NO REASON.

As i said, I was using 3dsXL US with firmware 9.9 and intended to downgrade to 9.2. I got an unmatched MD5 though.

Before doing anything dangerous, I used safesysupdate to check my "USA : 9.2.0-20U (Full)". It all shows good without problem.

What's next was I couldn't really enter sysupdate for a few times and it keeps showing me black screen. I then kept trying. On few occasions, it showed: " title exception: main.cpp:148 Result: 0xD900182f failed to get CIA file info"

Finally on one try I thought I got it working and it starts to install those cia files (with few installed). BUT SUDDENLY an error occured and it tells me to reboot the device and contact nintendo (something like that).

Then I waited for a moment and restarted my device and it's soft bricked with all black screen. All i can do is to repair it by entering recovery mode and updated it to 10.7 now....

I wonder whether it is advisable for me to proceed to downgrade from 10.7 now....by using ninija cube.
Ouch. Unfortunately, all you can do is try again. If you want to wait and get a hardmod, that'd be a good choice as well.

Hampus Uddeholt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If anyone is alive in this comment section. i got 9.9.0-26E on my 3ds. But when i want to open Internet Browser it tells me that i have to: "To use the internet browser, please update your system using the System Update option in the System Settings." Please halp ^^

Im using this guide http://wololo.net/2016/01/04/3ds-system-software-downgrade-tutorial/

ANd i'm stuck at the stage where you have to go into your internet browser on the 3ds

Last edited by Hampus Uddeholt,

asdfghjk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone is alive in this comment section. i got 9.9.0-26E on my 3ds. But when i want to open Internet Browser it tells me that i have to: "To use the internet browser, please update your system using the System Update option in the System Settings." Please halp ^^

Im using this guide http://wololo.net/2016/01/04/3ds-system-software-downgrade-tutorial/

ANd i'm stuck at the stage where you have to go into your internet browser on the 3ds

Try changing your date and time to 1/1/2000, 00:00 and reinitialize savedata again. Link to instructions by yellows8.

Hampus Uddeholt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try changing your date and time to 1/1/2000, 00:00 and reinitialize savedata again. Link to instructions by yellows8.
Ok thanks now i could actually get on the site. But now when i click the sliderhax link, nothing happends. Only a page that is white. And i can go back to the original site. Anything you know about?

I've tried the method of cleaning the saved information. Then scan the QR code which should automatically take me to the exploit site when it loads up. But the same thing came up as when i went there manually. A blank white page.

Last edited by Hampus Uddeholt,

Hampus Uddeholt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gah i've been trying 23728 ways of getting this to work. with tubehax DNS's. Shutting down and opening fast. Auto and manually open the page. Will never load. Guess i'll have to get my hands of a OoT copy or something

Hampus Uddeholt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow alright i actually found a solution to get it to work. I am extremely happy now! For anyone else stuck at this stage, here is what i did.

After loading the browerhax url, use the thumb stick and X to pan (don’t use touch screen) and zoom to the top left corner (on the bottom screen). So you should have this scroll bar/box clearly showing on your screen. Tap with your stylus on the far right in this box (the furthest right the box extends, as a loading screen would have loaded to 100%). The exploit should start immediately if it worked. If it doesn’t work the first time try again, in the browser tool/options ‘Initialize savedata’ (Clear save data) before attempting again.

Reactions: Just Passing By
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg