Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cubecubec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi all,just wanna share and kinda need help here,i have old 3ds xl with 10.6.31 U firmware,been trying hard to downgrade using sysupdater,been changing alot of sysupdater and the result is various,i use one of the sysupdater comes up with stuck in #7 and change into new sysupdater stuck in failed to get cia info,been switching to alot of internet connection,but still fail....i need help,what should i do ? thank you very much for your help,really appreciated!!

einhuman197

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi all,just wanna share and kinda need help here,i have old 3ds xl with 10.6.31 U firmware,been trying hard to downgrade using sysupdater,been changing alot of sysupdater and the result is various,i use one of the sysupdater comes up with stuck in #7 and change into new sysupdater stuck in failed to get cia info,been switching to alot of internet connection,but still fail....i need help,what should i do ? thank you very much for your help,really appreciated!!
Why are you guys always updating??? With 10.4 memchunkhax2 and downgrading was patched.

Lazyjones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
N3DS 10.3.28U. I have format the tf card but still dont work...
If you formated both your 3DS and your SD card and are using the described method of opening another application before starting sysUpdater...then all you can do is try again and again.

One more thing, there are two different versions pf sysUpdater: "LIBk" and "SULib" versions can both be found here in the thread. I used the "SULib" one to downgrade my 9.9 EUR N3DS. Took around 30 tries.

DannyJune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
If you formated both your 3DS and your SD card and are using the described method of opening another application before starting sysUpdater...then all you can do is try again and again.

One more thing, there are two different versions pf sysUpdater: "LIBk" and "SULib" versions can both be found here in the thread. I used the "SULib" one to downgrade my 9.9 EUR N3DS. Took around 30 tries.
I try safesysupdate and success at the first try!

Vann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Managed to get my n3ds from 9.5.0-22U to 9.2.0-20U successfully without any incidents.

What I did first is upgrade to 10.3.0-28U using juliens sysupdater (took a while to get running) and after used the latest version of SafeSysUpdater to downgrade on my first try.

Phew.

Teton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2DS 10.2e to 9.2e.

sysupdater and menuhax

1st try got a partial downgrade (nntendo error screen)
2nd try did the stuff for me

not really stable

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I attempted to downgrade my new Pokemon Blue 2DS, but when I start sysUpdater and press Y to start the downgrade process, I get this error:

titleException:
main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!

Any idea why this is happening? I haven't had any issues downgrading my old 3DS and New 3DS.

Edit: It seems the SD Card was at fault. After re-formating it, it works.

Last edited by WiiUBricker,

fireguy85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to downgrade my N3DS to N3DS 9.2.0-20U. I'm on that iso site in the 4x 6x thread. I cannot find FW that has the same checksum as the first page of this tutorial (ends in d2e).. I'm pretty sure I need the one with the checksum that ends in 477. I have downloaded it and placed the .cia files in the /updates folder in the N3DS 4 GB SD card after verifying the checksum matches the 477 one that the iso site says it should be. Why is the checksum different than that of the one in this tutorial?

My plan is as follows: Pokemon N3DS (10.2U) downgrade to 9.2> create an emuNAND> and then update it to 10.6. I then want to system transfer (keep my NNID, and keep my DSi Four Swords and Pokemon Shuffle/Rumble World stuff in tact) from my O3DS that which is on 10.6 (no emuNAND) so sysNAND to emuNAND. I don't really want to lose the Pokemon games on the N3DS either. I want to be able to use a 32 GB SD card that hasn't been used in either device in the N3DS.

EDIT: Found the .cia files elsewhere that match the checksum of this tutorial. After probably 50 attempts I am successfully running 9.2.0-20U! Not really sure how to proceed next, but off to ok start.

Last edited by fireguy85,

Ten Pound Cow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I attempted to downgrade my new Pokemon Blue 2DS, but when I start sysUpdater and press Y to start the downgrade process, I get this error:

titleException:
main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!

Any idea why this is happening? I haven't had any issues downgrading my old 3DS and New 3DS.

Edit: It seems the SD Card was at fault. After re-formating it, it works.
This shit was driving me CRAZY when I was trying to downgrade my Pokémon N3DS from 10.2 to 9.2. I think the thing that finally made it work for me was reformatting the entire system, so I'm throwing this out there for those of you who wants to downgrade your Pokémon N3DS. I've successfully downgraded my N3DS, N3DS XL, and I'm currently working on O3DS right now.

AbraCadvr

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
used this tutorial to downgrade N3ds 9.9U to 9.2, everything went fine but sysupdater got stuck at rebooting in 10secs. so i did a hard reset. now im bricked and i cannot acces recovery mode. i think im screwed. any ideas what i can do from now ? :(

Thanks

Last edited by AbraCadvr,

Vann

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
used this tutorial to downgrade N3ds 9.9U to 9.2, everything went fine but sysupdater got stuck at rebooting in 10secs. so i did a hard reset. now im bricked and i cannot acces recovery mode. i think im screwed. any ideas what i can do from now ? :(

Thanks

If you made it all the way to the reboot notice you should be fine.

Take out the SD card and see if your system boots up.

cloud7928

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey,

haven't found anything really about this: If I want to downgrade a 2DS, do I use the O3DS firmware or the N3DS one? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill