Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TayTayTheKiller

Forever noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Managed it in the end. upgraded from 9.6 to 10.3 then went back down to 9.2 using sysupdater. It seems to me it errors out on downgrading when you are below 10. whatever.

Last edited by TayTayTheKiller,

TayTayTheKiller

Forever noob
Trophies
XP
Country
Cool, did the upgrade and downgrade went smoothly?
Yep no issues what so ever.
I used menuhax to get to sysupdater.

I deleted network settings before using sysupdater.

sysupdater loaded correctly first try on the upgrade.

When the upgrade finished I rebooted, formatted and installed menuhax again.

sysupdater took 4 or 5 times to load correctly on the downgrade but when it did all went smoothly with no errors and rebooted itself. again after the downgrade I rebooted and formatted.

Reactions: guitarheroknight

Scott-105

Bow to me. Please?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys. I am new to 3DS hacking. I was going to downgrade my New 3DS XL to 9.2.0-20U. I have all the files I need, I'm just a bit nervous and was wondering a few things. With Homebrew, what am I able to do? I know I can run some emulators and apps/games that people have made. Specifically, can I run roms? :P Thanks in advance.

phil7g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So is there other peoples who have successfully update to 10.3.0 with sysupdater on 3ds?
I fail the downgrade with my n3ds that was on 9.8.0. Im willing to try again with a new one. The one I have is on 10.4.0 now :(

asmola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i think i need some help, i was downgrading from 9.8 to 9.2 when i got a nintendo error on the lower screen telling me to shut the console down, and i did it. now it won't boot up.
it's a new 3dsxl

phil7g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, i think i need some help, i was downgrading from 9.8 to 9.2 when i got a nintendo error on the lower screen telling me to shut the console down, and i did it. now it won't boot up.
it's a new 3dsxl
You probably have a soft brick, try to remove your SD card and reboot again. If you cannot access the welcome screen, try to boot in recovery mode and update your console with Nintendo official. You will be updated to 10.4 if you succeed, no more downgrade for you sorry. It happened to me too, at least my n3ds is still working after doing the recovery tricks. I wonder if downgrading an old 3ds that is not on 10.3 will work better than the n3ds?

asmola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You probably have a soft brick, try to remove your SD card and reboot again. If you cannot access the welcome screen, try to boot in recovery mode and update your console with Nintendo official. You will be updated to 10.4 if you succeed, no more downgrade for you sorry. It happened to me too, at least my n3ds is still working after doing the recovery tricks. I wonder if downgrading an old 3ds that is not on 10.3 will work better than the n3ds?
i can boot it without a sd card but now the question is how to start menuhax when the browser doesn't work and it doesn't respond to bootup with the l button pressed

phil7g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i can boot it without a sd card but now the question is how to start menuhax when the browser doesn't work and it doesn't respond to bootup with the l button pressed
If your browser doesn't work, it's partially brick. Maybe you try to use the ninjahax. For me tought, I wasn't able to do anything on sysnand, that why I'v done a recovery. I will try again tonight with a new new 3ds, and before downgrading, I will update to 10.3 with sysupdater.

asmola

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If your browser doesn't work, it's partially brick. Maybe you try to use the ninjahax. For me tought, I wasn't able to do anything on sysnand, that why I'v done a recovery. I will try again tonight with a new new 3ds, and before downgrading, I will update to 10.3 with sysupdater.
i'll try a cartridge based exploit, thanks

gangs_08

Trophies
XP
Country
Luxembourg
Nintendo 2DS: im on 9.7. should i first update to 10.3 and than downgrade to 9.2 ?? but the problem is i cant use browserhax on 10.3 right? because of the force update when i open the browser?!

Last edited by gangs_08,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol Bun rockin out at 2 :rofl2:
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    same tbh
    ♫ Mama hully gully, Papa hully gully, Baby hully gully too:rofl2:
    Oh god, I really am old. lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @SylverReZ, sup Sylv!
    +1
    Anyway, I gotta go to the store. L8er guys. Oops, I better put some clothes on :shy::tpi::rofl2:
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sicklyboy, Hey there Sickly.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, Make sure the cops don't see that.
    hazbeans @ hazbeans: hi