Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what the fuck is this shit?

i finally got the DG to work, i got rx tools setup , i got emunand working and autobooting , but now i can't get my emunand updated to 9.5 (N3ds) because sysupdater is unstable crap and only boots 1 out of 10 tries and then throws cant get cia info 148 error every time i finally do get it to boot
but this shit is even worse that the other build i was using, all i get is this

arm11 kernel exploit

or all the way to
#8 grant access to all services and svcs...

but nothng beyond that,

so what is there an actual working build of sysupdater that does not crash everything and black screen 9 out of 10 times, that will be able to actually work at all?
or another way to update emunand to 9.5
because this systemupdater is totally worthless

Man, back to the bitching and cursing. I don't think anyone who is nice enough to develop free tools for you to hack around with really wants to see this.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, back to the bitching and cursing. I don't think anyone who is nice enough to develop free tools for you to hack around with really wants to see this.
sorry but i am getting pissed now after rebooting 2000 times, if it does not crash on boot, it crashed on hax 2.5 if does not crash on hax 2.5 it crashes on sysupdater, there has to be another way
it is even worse now after the DG i thought it was unstable before but now it NEVER Works
i wonder if the DG makes it work even worse because it sure seems like it,
i can't get it to do anything

also not sure which build i used to finally get it to DG , but i can tell you that this julian build will not do ANYTHING after the DG , after Dg this julian build will not work at all it is even worse than the other one, maybe it is the build that got me DG'ed though but ican't say since i replaced it so many times

Last edited by weatMod,

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry but i am getting pissed now after rebooting 2000 times, if it does not crash on boot, it crashed on hax 2.5 if does not crash on hax 2.5 it crashes on sysupdater, there has to be another way
it is even worse now after the DG i thought it was unstable before but now it NEVER Works
i wonder if the DG makes it work even worse because it sure seems like it,
i can't get it to do anything

also not sure which build i used to finally get it to DG , but i can tell you that this julian build will not do ANYTHING after the DG , after Dg this julian build will not work at all it is even worse than the other one, maybe it is the build that got me DG'ed though but ican't say since i replaced it so many times

well try to keep it together if you want help man. People will simply be more receptive if you are friendly.

I did a DG on my n3ds just a few days ago. It took a long time to get it to work and finally it worked after using cubic ninja, I then upgraded to 9.5 without any problem at all, worked first time. My DG unit has pretty good success with loading menuhax and rxtools, but I assure you that my other n3ds which came with 9.2 (and is still on 9.2) doesn't load as consistently.

I would strongly consider examining your SD card as a culprit. I notice that my 128GB card acts way differently than my 32GB samsung EVO card.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well try to keep it together if you want help man. People will simply be more receptive if you are friendly.

I did a DG on my n3ds just a few days ago. It took a long time to get it to work and finally it worked after using cubic ninja, I then upgraded to 9.5 without any problem at all, worked first time. My DG unit has pretty good success with loading menuhax and rxtools, but I assure you that my other n3ds which came with 9.2 (and is still on 9.2) doesn't load as consistently.

I would strongly consider examining your SD card as a culprit. I notice that my 128GB card acts way differently than my 32GB samsung EVO card.
i just bought this card, it is a kingston rebranded 32gb
i did use the 4gig toshiba that came with the N3ds to DG, it's not my N3ds either though
so maybe it is the SD card because i was having lots of trouble with sysupdater before the DG but this is even worse
at 1st 2 tries i got sysupdater to boot but got cant get cia info both times but now i cant get it to do anything but blackscreen and hax 2.5 is almost as bad sysupdater, i get about 3 out 5 success rate with it
hopefully hax 3.0 will fix the issue with it's own stability and also by extention fix the sysupdater issues

Last edited by weatMod,

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just bought this card, it is a kingston rebranded 32gb
i did use the 4gig toshiba that came with the N3ds to DG, it's not my N3ds either though
so maybe it is the SD card because i was having lots of trouble with sysupdater before the Dg but this is even worse
at 1st 2 tries i got sysupdater to boot but got cant ger cia info both times but now i cant get it to do anything but blackscreena dn hax 2.5 is almost as bad sysupdater, i get about 3 out 5 success rate with it
hopefully ha 3.0 will fix the issue with it's own stability and also by extention fix the sysupdater issues

I didn't get the DG to work until I switch to cubic ninja and then it worked first try, but like I said the UG worked through menuhax without problem. This stuff is all just flaky. I'm not sure if exploited memory ranges are tricky to make consistent, or if there are timing issue, or if it's just bad SD filesystem drivers. oh well.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't get the DG to work until I switch to cubic ninja and then it worked first try, but like I said the UG worked through menuhax without problem. This stuff is all just flaky. I'm not sure if exploited memory ranges are tricky to make consistent, or if there are timing issue, or if it's just bad SD filesystem drivers. oh well.
so i wonder if i install CN cia to my emunand and then put ninjhax on it if i can use that to run sysupdater and then update emunand from there if it load better through CN cia?

Reonu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I would appreciate a quick response on this:
I just downgraded my N3DS and it got stuck at the "rebooting in 10 seconds" message (but everything installed correctly)
Do I just turn the N3DS off or what?

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downgraded my N3DS and it got stuck at the "rebooting in 10 seconds" message (but everything installed correctly)
no just wait it out ,be patient unless it hangs there for like over an hour or something

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, but it's been like 5 minutes already...
mine tooka little while not sure if it was 5 min because i was watching tv and not paying attention to it really, but i would give it more time 5 min is not a lot can't hurt to wait l

Welcius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Wait a few minutes and if nothing happens just turn it off, it's not like it's going to power off by itself after that time. Happened to a friend yesterday and we waited like 1h with no results. Not much else you can do at the moment.

Reonu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Wait a few minutes and if nothing happens just turn it off, it's not like it's going to power off by itself after that time. Happened to a friend yesterday and we waited like 1h with no results. Not much else you can do at the moment.
Yeah I turned it off and it's fine. Thanks guys.

I was getting a black screen for sysupdater and when I did manage to get it to boot I was getting the failed to get cia info error. Here's what I did in case anyone finds it useful:
- It was a N3DS XL with 10.3E
- I used the sysupdater build in page 95
- Boot ftbrony and spam B with all my soul right after booting it until I got to the homebrew channel again
- Booted sysupdater, pressed y, gave me cia error
- Pressed B to go back to homebrew channel
- Botted sysupdater again, directly
- Pressed Y and it worked.

Reactions: Welcius

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i wonder if i install CN cia to my emunand and then put ninjhax on it if i can use that to run sysupdater and then update emunand from there if it load better through CN cia?
I might... Also you might consider the CIA version of sysupdater too (actually I might have used that for the upgrade, I can't really remember since it worked the first time)

I guess I couldn't have done the upgrade with menuhax since you MUST get into rxtools emunand first so it was probably that I used the CIA version since it's on my menu.

Last edited by gallymimu,
Reactions: weatMod

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might... Also you might consider the CIA version of sysupdater too (actually I might have used that for the upgrade, I can't really remember since it worked the first time)

I guess I couldn't have done the upgrade with menuhax since you MUST get into rxtools emunand first so it was probably that I used the CIA version since it's on my menu.
oh i didn't even realize there was cia version, yes that will make things much easier i think at least i will not have to worry about getting a crash from hax 2.5 half of the time

thanks great idea i will look for the cia version

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i didn't even realize there was cia version, yes that will make things much easier i think at least i will not have to worry about getting a crash from hax 2.5 half of the time

thanks great idea i will look for the cia version

This is the sysupdater I used for upgrade, it is included with the "#UnlockEverything Act 1" rxtools emunand kit. This should NOT be used for downgrades.

Attachments

• sysUpdater CIA.zip
    336.1 KB · Views: 138
Last edited by gallymimu,

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the sysupdater I used for upgrade, it is included with the everything rxtools emunand kit. This should NOT be used for downgrades.
ok thanks i already downloaded one that says 0.3 so i wonder if this one is newer? i will try yours first and see what happens
so i assume i still put files in the same location for the cia

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks i already downloaded one that says 0.3 so i wonder if this one is newer? i will try yours first and see what happens
so i assume i still put files in the same location for the cia

it doesn't matter where you put the CIA, it has to be installed with FBI or devmenu and you navigate to it wherever it is.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't matter where you put the CIA, it has to be installed with FBI or devmenu and you navigate to it wherever it is.
oh no i meant the update files to update to 9.5 the cia fw files in the updates folder
also my emunand already caught an update nag or his rather , i wonder if updating to 9.5 will get rid of it, just deleted the connestions in sysnand

gallymimu

EE Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh no i meant the update files to update to 9.5 the cia fw files in the updates folder
also my emunand already caught an update nag or his rather , i wonder if updating to 9.5 will get rid of it, just deleted the connestions in sysnand

oh, sorry yeah the CIA files for the upgrade go in the same place.

once you have the update nag you are stuck with it unless you use the update nag removal trick from another thread. You really need to block the DNS for the nintendo update servers to avoid them permanently.

Reactions: weatMod

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, sorry yeah the CIA files for the upgrade go in the same place.

once you have the update nag you are stuck with it unless you use the update nag removal trick from another thread. You really need to block the DNS for the nintendo update servers to avoid them permanently.
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks so much dude that worked like a charm , RX-E 9.5.0-28 on the very 1st try
so obviously the problem is not with sysupdater it is to do with the instability of on hax 2.5 so hopefully when hax 3.0 is released the DG process will go munch more smoothly from then on

Reactions: gallymimu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/4l3lyXcUDkI?feature=shared&t=43