Tutorial Simple Guide to Downgrading your 3DS

Have you been able to successfully downgrade your 3DS/2DS?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ayylmao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You used the unsecure sysupdater. With this one https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ngrading-your-3ds.407888/page-95#post-5923820 your normal firm or SAVEMODE firm would still work(one of them have to be working with this sysupdater). Yes you hardbricked your console

i'm going to pull the trigger right now but if i do it later/get bricked do you know if Nintendo is pushing new updates / dummy ones in case i brick mine?
Because it is possible to update again through recovery mode but no new updates from Nintendo right?

mrolive

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So just to get this straight, the build of Sysupdater currently linked in the OP is the one Steveice modified and uploaded?

juuuuuuuche

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for testing pretty sure there is a poll around for bricked consoles you should fill it for statistic purposes
I tried but i cannot complete because it tells me there are missing fields to fill o0

You used the unsecure sysupdater. With this one https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ngrading-your-3ds.407888/page-95#post-5923820 your normal firm or SAVEMODE firm would still work(one of them have to be working with this sysupdater). Yes you hardbricked your console
Yeah.. I saw that one afterwards ;) I think it would be useful to link the safe version in the first post :) (@TheStoneBanana) Anyway ... thx to the devs for making this possible. Got to buy a new 3DS .. But tomorrow is a holiday in germany ;)

Last edited by juuuuuuuche,

ayylmao

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried but i cannot complete because it tells me there are missing fields to fill o0

Yeah.. I saw that one afterwards ;) I think it would be useful to link the safe version in the first post :) (@TheStoneBanana) Anyway ... thx to the devs for making this possible. Got to buy a new 3DS .. But tomorrow is a holiday in germany ;)

The one in the OP is the secure one (OP of this Thread) check links and you will see

FruitPolo

Trophies
XP
Country
I am another person with titleException: main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD900182F. Failed to get CIA file info!

I am using a n3DSXL which was just bought brand new today. I have tried formatting the system, formatting the micro SD card, using a different micro SD card, downgrading from 9.9 firmware, downgrading from 10.3 firmware, unzipping using different programs, unzipping from different OSs, turning off different system functions such as WiFi, and using different EntryPoints (MenuHax and BrowserHax)

I must be missing something that is making it not work. I must have pressed that Y button getting towards 100 times with no success. Anyone got any advice on what could potentially make this work?

I am using the latest Julians sysUpdater

Last edited by FruitPolo,

azramy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i'm getting that error message after using the sysupdate, if i trade SD cards and format the new one will it work?
(after downgrading i will put the old one cuz of the save files and eshop games)
sooo can anyone help me here?

Chrestomanci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I am another person with titleException: main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD900182F. Failed to get CIA file info!

I am using a n3DSXL which was just bought brand new today. I have tried formatting the system, formatting the micro SD card, using a different micro SD card, downgrading from 9.9 firmware, downgrading from 10.3 firmware, unzipping using different programs, unzipping from different OSs, turning off different system functions such as WiFi, and using different EntryPoints (MenuHax and BrowserHax)

I must be missing something that is making it not work. I must have pressed that Y button getting towards 100 times with no success. Anyone got any advice on what could potentially make this work?

Check the md5 and sha-1 hashes for the update pack and compare them with the ones on the first page.

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Replace your boot.3dsx with the sysUpdater.3dsx so it boots directly and then just keep trying, it took me about 50 tries like this.

AnukWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Anyone got any advice on what could potentially make this work?

You might wanna try out the trick I posted on the previous page. Curious if that actually helps.
Okay, after another 3 tries, it worked! Didn't show that cia error this time.
Dunno if that's relevant but instead of starting FTBrony before launching sysupdater, I kinda foolishly thought about installing another entrypoint and started the old-ironfall-downloader and quit it as soon as I remembered that I'd need to link the nnid for that xD
Well, dunno if that solved the error, but it worked right after that.
Also try using Browserhax, it does take much longer but for me it seems to work way better.

N3DS XL @ 10.3-28E, now on 9.2E via julian20's build from page 95.

LordBone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I'm sorry if this has been asked already, I couldn't find the answer:
When I start my browser on my O3DS XL, I get this message: "To use the Internet Browser, please update your system using the System Update option in the System Settings.". If I press Okay on this the browser closes itself.
I'm on system version 9.9.0-26E. Is there any workaround for this? Can't really use browserhax without the browser :D.

AnukWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As memchunkhax is supported for all currently available versions, I'd suggest you to just update, which solves the problem.
Was on 10.0.0 before and did the same thing ;)

costas94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tajikistan
I just downgraded my N3DS XL from 10.3.0-28E to 9.2.0-20E with julian20's sysUpdater. It took 15 tries with Ironhax to start the process and I had to hard reset after the downgrade finished, but it all worked out in the end with no softbricks. I couldn't be any happier right now. And it's all thanks to this community's efforts, so a big THANK YOU to everyone involved. Now, time to get that 9.5 EmuNAND going :grog:.

AnukWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes but it shouldn't change too much.
Note that I said "instead of" FTBrony. Running FTBrony is a common suggestion here but it didn't work for me at least.

Mental Patient

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
error.png

Keep getting this error, anyone know how to fix it?

FruitPolo

Trophies
XP
Country
error.png

Keep getting this error, anyone know how to fix it?

FTBrony with wifi turned on and then running the sysupdater worked for me straight away. Thanks guys. I can't believe that was just coincidence.

Edit: and success, no problems at all. Rebooted to the home menu and it's now running 9.2

Last edited by FruitPolo,
Reactions: Chrestomanci
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/knyBygUiKLI?si=BkBsC-TZ4OrZoiPk